Arastoo Vaziri x FBI!Reader

Arastoo watched as you left with Booth and Sweets. Sweets was headed back to the Bureau while and Booth were headed to see a suspect. You and Arastoo had been dating for several years now, you had meet on a case when you had bought in a body to be identified. He had asked you out when the case had wrapped. The relationship had gotten better from there. You had a lot in common, similar lines of work, values, beliefs. Arastoo had been planning on proposing for a few days now all he was waiting for was a night off. The pair of you finally had one tonight. He turned back to the body on the table looking for something to take his mind off the danger he thought you could be walking into.

You and Booth pulled up to the suspects place discussing the cause of death and how the violent murder may have taken place. Booth led the way up the path, but you got to the door first. You turned to Booth to reply with your usual quip. "Touché." You pressed the doorbell, seconds later a gunshot rang out. You had unwittingly tripped a bobby trap. You fell back, bleeding and unconscious with the pain. Booth called backup and medical, while pressing on your bleeding wound. S.W.A.T and Bomb Squad cleared the house while Booth debriefed your boss.

The team was gathered around the waiting room, Angela and Cam were comforting Arastoo. Booth and Sweets along with Hodgins and Brennan were running through what happened and what it might mean.

Booth and Sweets left to go get the man who had caused this pain. Eventually they had caught up with him. It ended in firefight leaving the killer dead along with a S.W.A.T agent and another seriously injured. Booth arrived back at the hospital with Sweets, cuts stinging. The team questioned about his injures and what had happened, relieved that the man who had hurt you was no longer able to hurt anyone else.

Hours had passed when the doctor appeared, she wrung her hands in her scrub cap standing in front of the team. "There was a lot of damage that combined with the blood loss." She paused and took a breath. "I am so sorry, we did everything we could. She did not make it off the table." Arastoo sunk back into the chair and sobbed quietly. The team all grieved, tears dripping down. Arastoo placed his hand in his pocket for his handkerchief his fingers brushed a velvet box. It felt like a dead weight against his leg.