Ethan Hunt x IMF!Reader

Requested by: SavannahofGondor Hope this is okay. Enjoy.

The soft sounds of the waltz filtered through the room. This mission required you to dance with/seduce the rich guy. Brandt was pouting in the corner, he wanted to take this part of the mission but no he had to find the code hidden in some painting. He watched as Ethan placed his hand on your waist and tangled the remaining one with yours. Jane sat beside him silently before muttering in his ear. "Twenty says he kisses then confesses." Benji shook his head. "Twenty on her." Brandt scoffed. "You're both wrong. He'll confess, she'll kiss." Benji and Jane smirked, everyone shook the others hand before turning back to watch the show. "Wish I brought popcorn. Hey!" Benji flinched as Jane whacked him with the back of her hand.

"Like this. Glide."

"You try gliding in heels." You almost stepped on his foot for the eighth time that night.

"No. Let me lead. Follow me." Ethan's eyes kept yours trapped you couldn't look away. "Like this?"

"Uh, yes." You moved softly to the music, body swaying. He moved you around the room with ease. You felt as if you were floating. You had always loved the way people looked when they danced the waltz. Your dress brushed your ankles. "Ethan Hunt lost for words, never thought I would see the day." You teased gently, a smile tugging at the corners of your mouth. He rolled his eyes at your childish remark. He pushed you away before pulling close once again. You could feel his warm breath against your neck. Ethan opened his mouth wanting to tell you how he felt, but he couldn't. His eyes flickered over the room accessing for threats. There weren't any he knew that. Well Jane may be a threat and the teasing he would endure from Brandt and Benji. He moved closer to you under pretext of the dance of course. "Y/N?"

"Yes, Ethan."

"I like you." You grinned, lifting yourself on your tiptoes, kissing him softly. "YES!" You broke apart at Brandt's yell. He froze, looked from Ethan's deadly glare to Jane's grin which held a promise of violence. He booked it. Fleeing the room, Jane and Benji following. Ethan made to move after him, but you pulled him down for another kiss, grinning at your friend's antics and the new love you had found.