Lucien Castle x fem!Reader

"You did what!?!"

"It was not as bad as it was last time." Y/N glared him down your slightly longer than shoulder length hair hung down in a mess. Lucien looked at his girlfriend of 700 or so years. They had met when she had run away from an arranged marriage. Y/N had been taken with him when they had met. Lucien had turned you when the man you had run away from had attempted to shot Lucien and she had jumped in front. Y/N had accepted that Lucien had turned her and what she was now. You were enthralled by Lucien's past and always wanted to know more.

Lucien was always trying to ensure the threats to you were minimal which is why he hadn't told you about some new vampires in town. The new ones who wanted to kill the one he loved in order to derail him and allow him to make mistakes.

"They wanted to kill the one I love! They went after Aurora thinking it was her but it's you!" Lucien shouted. Y/N's E/C eyes widened. Lucien let a breath of trying to calm down. "I love you not Aurora. I was trying to protect you. I saved her because she is Tristan's sister and he is my ally now because of that. Look, love, I would never hurt you like that."

Lucien had moved closer to her during his speech, now stopping close enough to draw you to him but he didn't he wanted you to forgive him first. Shaking delicately Y/N looked at Lucien before "You killed for me. How....how can I live with that?" Lucien looked at her, the E/C eyes he loved filled with unshed tears. "I killed them but not for you. I killed for us to protect us and the rest of the vampires within New Orleans. I killed them to stop the plan to destroy Klaus and you." Lucien knew that you wouldn't be able to live with yourself knowing that he had killed for her. "Forgive me Y/N?" He drew you close to him wrapping his arms around you, one cradling the back of your head, the other around your waist holding her close. "Lucien, I don't know. I do love you but I don't know if I can."

"Y/N I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you." Laughing you turned in his arms so your head rested on his shoulder looking up at him "We are immortal but I look forward to it." Lucien glanced at you smiling "Does that mean you forgive me, love?" Your eyes searched his, "Yes Lucien, I forgive you. But please tell me if you or I am ever in danger again." Lucien smiled down at Y/N, his eyes trailed over your face memorizing your delicate features. Lucien angled your face slightly before meeting your lips with his in a soft kiss.