David Rossi x Marine!Reader

Sort of requested by @BrianaNielsen As I don't really have a social life and am currently procrastinating my essays. This is a part two to this https://www.wattpad.com/527430553-fandom-one-shots-david-rossi-x-marine-reader (David Rossi x Marine!Reader) 

---Six months later---

Dave moved into his office whistling, they had just caught the unsub and saved the girl he couldn't be happier. He was also happy about the upcoming video call with you in about an hour. He sat at his desk and filed through the messages that had arrived in his absence. An official seal caught his eye. He opened the letter and his heart stopped.

He walked straight into Hotch's office. Hotch was currently packing to leave and go home. "I need time off and a plane." Hotch's brow furrowed, "The time off I can do, but the plane?"

"Y/N's been hurt." He waved the letter around his head. Hotch grabbed the letter from his panicking friend. "This says she is in a Virginia hospital." Hotch deadpanned. "What?" Rossi grabbed it back. "You really should read these things through." There was a small smirk in Hotch's tone, which hid his fear of the extend of your injuries. "She will be fine, Dave. She's survived being friends with you hasn't she?" Dave scoffed.

Arriving at the hospital, Dave walked the halls with a stuffed penguin for you. He entered your room, "Hey."

"Hey." Your voice cracked, your injures showed on your pale skin. Blood staining the white bandages. "What happened?"

"Humvee. It crashed into mine. Everyone else walked away without a scratch and I manage to get injured." He grinned at your humour. He waved the little penguin, "Penelope made me get this for you, as I didn't know what to get you, and he was cute so she bought him. He's supposed to help you heal." You grinned. "I love him, I'm gonna name him David after my hero." He grinned at this, he moved closer to the bed sitting beside you. Tucking the penguin in beside you. "I have no idea what I would do if I lost you. I love you, Y/N. I didn't want to destroy our friendship, but I can't do it again. I can't pretend, I don't have these feelings for you."

You smiled softly up at him, taking hold of his hand, you squeezed it gently. "I love you too."

"Good, dinner, my place when you have healed. No backing out of it now." He waggled a finger at you. You grinned. "I would kiss you, Y/N but I don't want to cause any further injury." You drew a small circle on the back of his hand with your thumb. "Y/N, you should get some sleep."

"Stay, just until I fall asleep?" He nodded at you. "Always."