Natasha Romanoff x S.H.I.E.L.D!Reader

Natasha paced out in the waiting room, hating the soft music that streamed through the speakers. Bruce watched her, eyes following her figure as she moved from the side of the room to the other. "I'm going to kill Tony!" She steamed. Steve flinched as he entered with a coffee for each of them. "It's not really Tony's fault." She turned her eyes showing a fire that anyone even Fury would shrink from. Clint placed his hands on her shoulders as he answered her shout. "She......"

"Don't you dare say it was her fault."

"I was going to say, she made her decision to jump in and help with the mission, she also moved in front of the civilian to protect them, she asked to help. Tony saved her." He brought the flood of words out in rush desperate to hide from the growing rage in Natasha's eyes. She took a breath and each Avenger flinched. "Ok." Bruce moved, grabbing Nat's coffee from Steve. "She'll be fine. She's tough."

"Y/N's family." They all stood. Clint wrapped his arms around Natasha's waist. Partly to stop her from collapsing if it was bad news and partly to stop her from killing the doctor. "She is going to be fine. The bullets missed all the vital organs, but she did lose a lot of blood. She is going to need to stay for a few days." Natasha slumped against Clint slightly. "Can we see her?" Bruce asked knowing that Natasha couldn't speak for relief. "Yes, but not for long." They entered the room, where you were lying. Your white face making you look older than you were. Nat let out a shaky breath. She sat by you, pulling her chair as close as she could. Clint moved to lean on the window sill behind her. The rest of the team watched as Nat held your hand, tears glinting in her eyes.

As she waited for you to wake up, she thought back on the years that she had known you. How you had helped her with her memories of her past. Now all she had to do was wait for you to wake up.