Spencer Reid x Friend!Reader

Requested by Shadow_Book_Spirit Hope it's fluffy enough, enjoy. 

You watched as the BAU walked into the bull pen. Your eyes flickered to a tall, lanky brown-haired man. You pursed your lips. Spencer Reid. You had been friends when you had been in university. Then he had gone on to the FBI and you had gone onto the NSA. The pair of you had been good friends and then the contact between the pair of you had dropped off. "This is our analyst, Y/N L/N, who is leaving us at the end of this case. Though we want her to stay."

"Nice try Rick. New job in DC." They all grinned. They introduced themselves. Reid waved his instead. "The number of pathogens shared in a handshake is staggering..."

"It's actually safer to kiss." You interrupted, hoping he would remember who you were. But his eyes only showed confusion, and amusement that someone understood. "But kissing me would require permission, which I deny." You used your old line from when you had been friends. His brow furrowed but he still didn't seem to recognise you.

The case went on, you flirted slightly with Reid which drew amusement from his team. You kept adding quotes from your previous conversations that you had had with Reid. "How's the case going, Spencer?" You grinned at him, while he rolled his eyes and wrote information down on the board. You left to talk to Casey about some information she had found. Reid was growing impatient, he couldn't remember who you were, he knew you, he knew he did but he couldn't place you. You were out of the room talking to someone on your team, Reid was staring at you. "Figured it out yet?" Reid snapped out of his thoughts as JJ and Matt smirked at him. "No." You walked back in the room. "No, what?"

"No, we haven't figured out a motive." Reid muttered before leaving the room, calling someone. You frowned.

At the end of the case you were on your way to the airport, Reid's team was about to leave although their flight delayed as Luke and Matt weren't back from the hospital yet. When it snapped into his mind eye. Images of you moved through his mind. "I will be back soon." He stated leaving the team in shock as he pushed past Luke who had just entered into the plane. "What's going on?" He asked. "Spencer and Y/N sitting in a tree." JJ sang. Emily smirked.

"Y/N!" Reid yelled as he caught up to your moving figure. "You figure it out yet?" He nodded moving closer to you. "I'm sorry I didn't remember who you were, it's just work and..." You shushed him. "It's fine I understand. Sorry I didn't mention it earlier." He shook his head. Wrapping his arms around you, pulling you close. You glanced up at him. "You know DC and Virginia aren't so far away we can see each other whenever we have days off." He grinned, nodding at your plan, brushing a strand of hair off your face. His phone rang. "You have to go." Silently, he nodded once again, eyes tracing your face. You lent forward, brushing your lips with his. "Go, go and save the world, boy wonder." You flicked your eyes up to meet his. He chuckled at you as you left his arms, and walked towards your gate, throwing a smile over your shoulder. A second call snapped him out of his daze and he turned back the way he had come thinking about your next meeting.