Steve Rogers x Witch!Reader

You were approached by Fury a month ago after you had tried to break in and erase the file that S.H.I.E.L.D had on you. You were a witch, who specialised in nature spells as well as passionate. You had met Fury after you had helped hide him after Hydra tried to kill him six months ago.

You wondered where you had gone wrong and why you agreed to join the avengers after that bloody red headed assassin had found you in Fury's office and shot you with an tranquilliser before you could react. You were joining the avengers after agreeing you wouldn't do anything illegal. Like you had ever broken the law before. Well human laws. You had broken one or two witch laws which had resulted in you getting kicked out of your coven.

"Team this is Y/F/N. She's a witch."

"Why isn't she green like the giant rage monster then?" Tony quipped. Earning a glare from basically everyone around the table. Steve didn't move his eyes from you. "She's joining this team. You will teach what it's like to be an avenger."

"And with respect, Stark." You interrupted Fury. (Not the wisest decision) though he seemed to ignore it. With Fury and Hill left. "Witch?" Wanda asked in her accented voice. Nodding you flicked you wrist and a white rose appeared in her hair. "You do anything else." Tony asked rudely.    With a wicked grin, you flicked your wrist and instantly the room filled with orange flames licking at Tony. Bucky smirked. "Stop!" The flames disappeared quickly and everyone turned to face Steve who had shouted. "You shouldn't do that to your teammates."

"But disrespecting them and insulting others is okay? And anyway he asked to know what else I could do. Not to mention the fact that you all don't fully trust each other because of all your differing backgrounds...." The team was watching this exchange as if their favourite show had just come on. "We trust each other."

"Clearly. Stark's leaning away and hasn't looked at Barnes once. You won't look at Romanov. Banner and Barton are ignoring each other probably because the Hulk made an appearance and it might be Barton's fault. You want me to trust you? Maybe you should start trusting each other! All I asked for was respect because that's what I deserve, I respect you lot for what you have done for S.H.I.EL.D and for the world. And another thing I have helped people through my job as a marine and I was the one who beat of Hydra when they came after Fury. And as you are all guilty Im going to guess none of you read my file. I however have done at least some of my own research but I left out all the personal crap mainly because I want to gain your trust. Now if any of you want me I'm going home to get ready for the harvest ritual." Turning on your heel you marched out and down the hall ignoring the stares of the agents who had heard everything. Fury stood round the corner but you simply ignored him.

It took three days for the avengers to contact you again. Tony let you move into avengers tower. Everyone seemed to have gotten over your outburst. Well Steve hadn't. You were getting ready for another ritual. You were going over everything in you head. When you heard a knock on the door. "Come in." Turning around when you heard the door open, you saw Steve standing there looking sheepish. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what i did." Nodding you agreed. "For me to a part of this team you need to trust me. And understand what I am as well as what I can do. You also need to understand witches are often blamed for things that go wrong so we generally don't tell people. This is a huge leap of faith for me."

He seemed to understand. "Can you teach me? I want to understand all this." You smiled. "Sure. It'll have to be tomorrow though. I have a festival to go to." Nodding he left. You turned away and grinned. No one had ever asked to learn about witch business before.

---Time skip to next day---

STEVE'S POV

You had spent the morning teaching him all about the rituals, spells and everything else you could think of. He had been patient when you had started to explain. He found himself drawn to the young, vibrant witch with the broken smile. He loved it when you talked something you were passionate about your E/C eyes would light up, moving all the fear and pain away. Moving out of his daydream he notices he has moved closer to you. Gently using his fingers to move your chin, to tilt it at the right angle. You make no move to stop him simply moving your face closer to his.

He's about to kiss you and Tony walks in. "Yo, Rogers! Fury wants you." Noting how close the couple is he smirks. "Was I interrupting the first kiss of Ice man and fire girl?" 

"Yes now leave." Was your quipped reply.  After Tony leaves  the couple go kiss each other again just as Bucky walks in. Wide eyed he starred the pair before turning around but not before you notice his smirk. Throwing over his shoulder, "Fury wants you both."Sighing you both move away. "We're never gonna kiss, are we Y/N?"