Danny Messer x Pregnant!Reader

Requested by @futureauthor54 Requests are still open.

You watched as Danny's chest rose and fell. He was sleeping spread eagled on his back and you were carefully curled into his side. You wondered how he would take the news. You glanced at the glowing numbers on your alarm clock. Almost two in the morning. You had another few hours before you had to get up for work. You and Danny worked in the same building. You were an analyst whereas he worked crime scenes. You had met him at a fundraiser for the lab and had discussed how you hated these types of things. You thought back on your love story how it was slowly built. Thinking back, you smiled at the ways in which Danny made you feel happy and loved. How he got you flowers on occasion, well there was that one time he got them when he almost blew up your office but that's a totally different story. You remembered how he proposed you move into together. He was trying to be suave and daring but ended up stumbling through his words. You had agreed giggling at the usually smooth man in front of you. You snuggled further into Danny's warmth. You tugged the blanket a little more. You pulled the blanket around the pair of you, you allowed the heavy warmth of the blanket and comforting heat of Danny's body to help you drift off to sleep.

Danny woke before the alarm clock. Just a few minutes. He studied your sleeping figure. Drawing his fingers down the soft warm skin of your cheeks. The soft apples of your cheeks, the ever so small twitch of your nose every couple of minutes. He tangled his fingers through your soft locks of hair allowing the roving sunlight to shine through the strands. Your eyes fluttered open and Danny gave a soft grin. "Hey." You smiled back. "Hey." There was a comforting silence between you. Danny's eyes traced the outlines of your face. "I have something to tell you."

"Is it that you love me? Because I already know that." You laughed lightly. "Well actually, it's more like we love you." You waited then a couple of beats later. A shocked "No." fell from his lips. You grinned and Danny beamed rolling you under him. But he was careful to keep his full weight off you. "Yes, Danny. I'm pregnant. You're going to be a father." He laughed and sat up pulling you with him. He grinned widely. "I love you. Both of you." You laughed delighted in his reaction. Danny got up and grabbed his phone. "I have to tell Mac." You fell back onto the warmed sheets laughing.