Erin Reagan x Best Friend!Reader

Reminder that requests are open, please PM me the character and plot. 

Erin watched as the candlelight danced along the highlights of your hair. "So, Y/N, how's life working as a teacher?" You took a sip of wine, "It's interesting, so many children want to have different ideas of what they want to be when they grow up. Some even want to be cops, I have one girl who wants to be an ADA when she grows up." Erin raised her eyebrows, "Really?" You nodded. "How's being an ADA?" She grinned, "It's an interesting job, so many different cases." You grinned, "Which we can't talk about?"

"No, we can't." Erin smiled indulgently. "How's Nikki?" Erin grinned happy to discuss her daughter. "So, how is your life, seeing anyone?" You grinned, "No." She grinned again. You recognised that grin. The grin that meant trouble, the grin that met she was about to say something you wouldn't like. "You know, Jamie's always liked you and you've always liked him."

"Please don't set me up with your brother."

"Oh, come on Y/N. He's had a crush on you since forever and you've had a crush on him to. Plus, dad and grandpa like you, the whole family likes you. I don't see what would be so bad about you dating Jamie." You shook your head. "I don't know Erin. I value my friendship with Jamie and with you. I don't want anything to destroy that." She smiled. "Same old Y/N, always the peacekeeper." The subject was dropped for the moment. You discussed about whether you could get her or possibly a few cops to come in and talk to your class about their jobs. You discussed different dishes that you both loved to cook, she made offhand comments about how Jamie was a good cook or was a total gentleman. Each time she did you would roll your eyes and blush.

When her phone rang about an hour later, Erin answered it. "That was Jamie, he needs some help, his car will not start." She smiled apologetically but with a hint of impishness at you. "I have jumper cables in my car if you want to borrow them?"

"Actually, I was going to ask for a lift home, my car is in the shop. But you can give me a lift to Jamie and he said he would give me a ride." You nodded. The pair of you paid and exited the restaurant. You arrived at Jamie's car, he was bent over the hood of his car and almost hit his head when Erin shouted out. "Jeez Erin, you trying to give me a concussion?" He turned and saw you standing there by your car. "Oh, hey Y/N."

"Hey, Jamie. I have some jumper cables in my boot, hang on." You grabbed the cables and helped Jamie attach the cables which started his car. Erin hopped in the car and kept it running while he helped you wind up the cables and carry them over to your boot. The pair of you didn't speak, until he placed the cables in the boot. "Why do you have a crowbar in the trunk of your car?" You blushed, "Long story." He looked at you questioningly. "So, not explaining." He laughed, you closed the boot. "I promise it's not illegal, I just helped my parents move to a new house and it may have been left behind in the boot when I moved dad's tools." He grinned at you again. You both walked over to the driver's side of your car. You looked over at Jamie's car where you saw Erin motioning something at the pair of you. "You see that too huh?" Jamie asked, you nodded. The pair of you stood awkwardly. Before Jamie cleared his throat and dipped his head down kissing you sweetly. You returned his kiss, keeping it chaste as Erin was watching. You both pulled back and he kept his forehead on yours. "So, Y/N. Do you want to go out with me?"

"Yes, do you need my number or do you want to ask Erin for it?"

"Like I am going to prove Erin right about this."

"Well it's a little late for that, don't you think." He laughed, you scribbled your number on a notebook he had in his pocket. You got into your car as he walked back to his. He watched as you drove off, Erin turned grinning to her brother. "I knew you liked her!"

"Oh, shut up Erin." He muttered grinning.