Jameson 'Jamie' Reagan x FBI!Reader

"Why can't you tell me anything about this case?" Jamie argued with you, hurt showing through the angered tone. "Because I cannot tell you anything about the case, as it is classified and I cannot disclose anything about an FBI case. You know that. I cannot tell you anything about this case." Jamie's eyes flickered with something you couldn't identify. You were both standing in the lounge, you moved putting the couch between you. "I can't tell you Jamie, it's not that I don't want to tell and want to keep malicious secrets from you to hurt you. It's that I can't tell you." He ran his fingers through his hair, the blonde strands sticking all over the place. "I love you, Jamie. I do and I don't want to keep secrets from you. But I have to keep these secrets from you." He nodded, "Then tell me about your cases, if you can't tell me everything then tell me if they end badly or if you get hurt."

"I tell you if I get hurt, I tell you if I go undercover."

"But you don't tell me how they end!" There was a ringing and you both checked your phones. It was Jamie's. He picked it up and you tossed yours on to the couch. He hung up. "Dad wants to know if you are coming to Sunday dinner?" He phrased it as a question. You shrugged not wanting to start a new fight or continue this one. "Are you coming?" He asked. "May I come to Sunday dinner?" His eyes flickered again. "I want you there."

"Then I'll come." You both nodded, and moved to bed. You tried to make up with him but Jamie seemed like he didn't want to talk, he rolled over his back facing you. You couldn't sleep and the night seemed longer than normal. You still didn't make up the next morning. Neither of you were working that Sunday so you followed Jamie and his family to church. There was tension between the pair of you as you followed Danny and Linda out of the church. Danny felt the tension but didn't comment. After you had arrived back at the Reagan household, you helped Erin and Linda get the food ready. They noticed the lingering looks you threw at Jamie and how whenever he looked at you there was a glimmer of hurt in his eyes.

At dinner, while you were all eating, you and Jamie weren't speaking. The whole table were sneaking looks at you and Jamie but not speaking a word about the rising tension. Danny cleared his throat, most of the table jumped. "So, Y/N how are your cases going? Catch any killers lately?"

"Fine. Yeah, we caught one guy." Jamie stiffened slightly, but didn't say anything. The tension was thick at the table but no one wanted to acknowledge it. Your phone rang and you apologised but took the call. "I have to go, I'm sorry, we just got the go-ahead for a case." The family nodded, and you muttered goodbye to Jamie, but didn't kiss his cheek like you usually did. You left and sat in your car for a few moments before driving off. Frank cleared his throat as Danny watched his kid brother. "Kids, why don't you go in the kitchen and polish off the ice cream that's in the freezer." He suggested, Nikki and the boys grabbed their plates and headed into the kitchen. Erin cleared her throat, "What's going on with you and Y/N?" Jamie shrugged, "Nothing."

"She didn't kiss you on the cheek, like she usually does. You and her, haven't spoken all day, you keep throwing longing looks at her and she did the same with you." Danny rattled off the list. "What I'm a detective." He defended when the family gave him curious looks. "Jamie, what's going on?" Henry got straight to the point. "We got in a fight and didn't make up."

"Was it your fault?" Danny asked and Erin glared at him while Linda whacked his arm. "What he usually makes up with whoever he would fight with about thirty seconds after they finished the fight."

"It was partly my fault."

"What was it about?" Frank asked. "She's not telling me about her cases."

"She can't." Erin spoke up. "She can't because the cases are federal if she does tell you about her cases, she can be taken to court, prosecuted and so can you so she is protecting you."

"No, I get that but..."

"There is no but in this situation, she cannot tell you about her cases." Frank told Jamie. Jamie stood, "I'm going to find her and apologise." They nodded and smiled, Jamie got to his car and Danny rushed out. "Wait, kid. Ask her to tell you how she deals with the cases, she can't tell you about the cases she works. Ask her to tell you about how she feels about their ending. Get her to talk about what's going on with her." Jamie nodded, "Thanks Danny." Danny then pointed over his brother's shoulder "Well here's your chance." He grinned and patted his brother on the back both walking into the house. Jamie sighed and walked over to you were you were leaning against your car on the other side of the road. You moved around the car, so you stood on the footpath. Jamie stood in front of you. You called out to Jamie, "Caught the guy already, seems as though they didn't need my help. So, I came back, didn't know if you wanted me to come back inside." 

"I do want you to come back inside if this happens. Can I just explain something? I get why can't tell me tell me about the cases but why can't you tell me about how you are dealing with them. I can see that the cases are affecting you, I don't like seeing you in pain." He moved closer to you, crowding you against the car, wrapping an arm around your waist, he brushed his fingers against your cheek. You sighed, "You're right, I should tell you about how they are affecting me. I'm sorry." He nodded, and tightened his arm around your waist he pulled you against him. You wrapped your arms around his shoulders, hands splayed against the nape of his neck. He brushed his hand across your cheek and moved it into your hair tangling his fingers in the strands. "I forgive you, Jamie."

"I forgive you, too." You moved forwards allowing your foreheads to touch as you grinned at each other.