James '007' Bond x MI6!Reader

Requested by juviaheartattack1

You and Bond were friends. "What the hell do you do?" You shouted at him as the pair of you ducked to avoid the bullets flying over your heads. MI6 had sent the pair of you undercover to get some important information. Right now, you were fighting to get out of the warehouse you had been held in. James hijacked a car and you shot the remaining men as James drove out to the safe house Q had set up.

Now you were dancing around the kitchen as you made dinner. The baggy shirt you wore hiding the Walter PPK at the small of your back. The smell of spices tingled at your nose as you made Butter Chicken. Bond was watching the streets as well as fielding through the information you had gathered. Throughout dinner the pair of you bickered and discussed what you should do next. The pair of you cleaned up.

James raised his eyebrows suggestively when he saw the one bed. "We are grown adults, James. We can share a bed for the night." He laughed and the two of you climbed into bed. It took a short time for you to fall asleep. James' warmth helped you sleep. The warmth of the heavy blankets helped you feel safe.

You woke gasping, panting heavily. Nightmares fled through your vision. James woke to you shaking. "You're okay. You're safe." He wrapped his arms around you, holding you. "You're okay." James muttered nonsense under his breath in order to get you to calm down. Your breathing slowed, and James lay back with you on his chest as he helped you stay calm. "You're okay, I'll keep you safe." You fell asleep calmed by the steady beat of his heart, and the heavy warmth of both the blankets and James' body. He kissed your forehead, "You are safe with me."