Bruce Wayne x Ex-girlfriend!Reader

This is from the Christopher Nolan universe. I don't own anything related to the song Happier, all credit goes to Ed Sheeran and anyone else involved.

Walking down 29th and Park
I saw you in another's arms
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier

Bruce watched as you were walking down the street with someone he didn't know. He watched as you moved closer into his arms, and watched the snow swirling around you. Bruce watched from the shadows as the snow stuck to your hair shining in the low light. He saw the smile that graced your features, a smile he had once given you.

Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh
I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do

You looked happier than Bruce has seen you in the past few days he had seen you. He had watched as Rachel's death had sucked some of the life out of you. He loved you still, the emotion grinding on his nerves. He loved how you had made him feel, how you had brought joy and light to his life after his parent's deaths. He regretted how he hurt you but he knew that he had to in order to keep you safe.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody love you like I do
Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're moving on with someone new

Bruce watched from afar as you were dancing with your new partner, he wanted to be the one who was dancing with you. Bruce wanted to be with you, to dance with you, to make you smile, to kiss you. But he couldn't bring himself to break that smile on your face.

'Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

Bruce wandered around his room, staring at a photograph of the pair of you. It had been taken by Rachel, it was at some ball that you had to attend. You were wearing navy floor length gown. He had loved that colour on you. He sat down staring at the environment around him.

Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you
Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier
Aren't you?

He nursed a tumbler of whiskey, watching a homemade video of you and him at age six. You were throwing snowballs at him, laughing at his reactions.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that deserve you
But my darling, I am still in love with you