Steve Mcgarrett x Dead!Reader

Steve sat in his office staring at a team photo. Kono, Danny, Grace, himself, Chin, Max, you and Kamekona. Catherine had taken the photo. Grace was on Danny's lap, and Steve had his arm around you as you were laughing with Kono.

---Flashback---

It had been a simple case. It was a murder of a young Marine. He had been killed to keep quiet. The case had led the Five-0 team to drug ring. The young Marine had found out and had tried to tell his commanding officer. His commanding officer was the leader of this drug ring. Once they had entered you and he had separated to clear different rooms. When you hadn't yelled "Clear!" He panicked slightly. He moved the rest of the team into the room. The blood drained from each members face as they witnessed you with a gun aimed at your head. Steve tried to talk him down but you could see it wasn't working when the killer aimed the gun at Steve, you had twisted out of the killers grip and jumped in front of the gun. He pulled the trigger and you felt the bullet rip through your lung.

You dropped allowing Steve and Danny to shoot. He dropped beside you. You felt your lung fill with blood. You saw Steve move into your line of sight and say something about your breathing. But you couldn't fully hear him. Before you closed you eyes for the last time you could have sworn he said "I love you. Don't leave me."

---End of Flashback---

Steve stared you. You were looking at Steve laughing at something Kono had said. He didn't remember the joke. Upset that he couldn't save you. He hated this feeling of guilt knowing he couldn't have done anything. That you had willingly jumped in front to save him. Steve glanced up at the team who were standing in the main room waiting for him. Steve moved over to the computer table and stood by Kono. He placed the photo in the middle. Steve looked around at the team including Catherine and Grace. Grace was leaning against her father, Catherine did the same with Steve. "My family did this thing were we would say the favourite memory of whoever we lost. Maybe we could do that for Y/N." Catherine suggested looking around. "My favourite memory of Y/N."