chapter 111

*Author's P.O.V*

The mission failed, Sasuke wasn't brought back to the village but the ninjas who went after him did. Naruto, Gaara, Temari, Kankuro, Kiba, Lee, Shikamaru, and Kakashi all came back with very few injuries. While Choji and Neji were rushed to the hospital. Close behind them was the albino little girl inches away from death. As the medical ninja ran on by, the others looked at Tenshi in complete and utter shock. Not once have they've seen the girl hurt too badly, and now, zooming passed them was what seemed to be a corpse. Arashi walked to the ninjas minutes later looking for her older sister. "Hey, where is Onēsan?" Her pure and innocent voice rung out making Shikamaru look at her with guilty eyes. Walking up to the poor confused child he stared into her ocean blue eyes. "She got hurt, so she is being treated right now." Arashi understood what he meant and nodded her head. Gaara came up to the small child and held out his hand, a flower made of sand formed and harden. "Woa-ah..." Whispered Arashi distracted from reality for a bit. Gaara then used his sand to make random patteren and things to keep the ash haired child distracted.

Meanwhile in the Hospital, the newest Hokage was running around between three rooms. Choji would live seeing his injuries were less severe than those of Neji and Tenshi. But those two have such a small chance of survival, maybe she couldn't save them? Minutes of healing them turned into long hours, and hours turned into a day, and a day turned into 3 for the small albino child. The medical ninja worked so hard to heal the child, and she was healing but every few hours she would become unstable and they would have to get her into the ER. Choji and Neji had already been stabilized and laying in hospital beds waiting to wake up. Tenshi seemed as if she wouldn't wake up, even the Hokage doubts her chance at living.

*Tenshi's P.O.V*

Everything became so dark and cold, I don't know where I am but I'm positive that I'm not in the leaf village. "Tenshi..." I look up only to be met with a familiar pair of golden eyes. My eyes began to water as I ran to Hikari and jumped into his arms. "Hikari-Nii! Please don't leave me! I'm so sorry!" I cried as I hugged the golden hued boy who was years older than me. "Shhhh, Tenshi...I'm not gonna leave you so soon." He rubs my back and brushes through my longer white hair. "You've been so strong little one. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you." I look into Hikari's eyes seeing them mist in fresh tears. "Its okay Hikari-Nii." I whispered as I layed my head on his chest. The smell of fresh roses was still on him making a smile creep upon my lips. "Where are we?" I question and his long arms surrounds me protectively. "In between the would of the living and the after life." he says making me nod. "So I'm not dead yet?" Laughing he nods. "Ya know, you still owe me a few boxes of Pocky..." I smirked making him look at me in amazement. "You could die soon and all you're thinking about is a bet we made years ago!" I laugh and nodded my head. "Aish! You really are my little sister." He laughs. "Hikari-nii?" I whispered, looking at me he nodded for me to continue. "Am I gonna die?" Part of me didn't care whether I died as long as my life was taken for someone else. The other part of me couldn't leave my friends and loved ones. "I don't think so, you'll be going back very soon." I sigh looking back to my older brother. "Hikari-nii...I'm sorry for-" "I know you are little one, don't worry, I never blamed or hated you. I've heard you talk to me all these years and all I can say is sorry for not being able to respond." he kisses my head and cupped my cheeks. "I'll give you a little gift before we split once more." I felt something change in my eyes, I looked into his to see what he had done...my eyes were now a beautiful shade of light gold and my hair gained a golden hue as well. "Woahh." He smiles before giving me one last hug and kiss on the cheek before he fades away.

I opened my eyes, while the white light blinds me. "Eh?" I rubbed my sore eyes and looked around the room, a medical ninja stood frozen at the foot of my bed. "H-hey, can I get some water and pocky please?" I asked with a smile only for the human to fall back with a thug. "Or not lazy ass." I grumbled and got out of bed, once I was at the door I sniff the air trying to find Pocky. "Ahh its this way-" "Tenshi get your ass back in bed." A stern voice said from behind me. Turning around, I was met with Lady Tsunade with her arms crossed and a look of relief within her eyes. "Fine but I got two questions!" I state, she looks at me and realized that my eyes and hair had changed making her own eyes widen. "So first of, can you get me some pocky?" A laugh came out of her mouth as she looked at me. "Of course you would ask that first." I smiled before becoming slightly more serious. "How long have I've been asleep?" Lady Tsunade looked somewhat sad about the answer she was about to give me, making me anxious. "You've been out for a month Tenshi. Neji and Choji all already up and about." I sighed, before going into my hospital room and smirked at her. "Hey, why don't we pull a little prank on my friends?" Her eyes glisten with mischief and she listened to my little plan.

***

I was laying in my hospital bed 'asleep' as my friends entered with confused faces and Lady Tsunade with a 'sad' expression on her face. "Why are we here Lady Tsunade?" Tenten asked, her gaze landing on me. "Tenshi, isn't going to make it. Her body is damaged to badly to be able to repair itself." From my place on the bed I could feel the air tense, someone came to my side and stood there. "How long?" The sound of Neji's voice fills my ears making me feel bad for this prank. "A few hours, maybe a day." Tsuande's voice held fake uncertainty. The others in the room tensed up more at this. Neji placed his hand over mine, his larger hand engulfed mine own tightly. "I'm sorry." He mutters making me give up, this makes me feel as if I'm in a drama! "For what dumbass?" I laugh out once I opened my eyes. Shocked, he backs away and falls to the ground. "Hahaha! You really think I would go down that easily? I'm hurt!" I smiled as I sat myself up. "Oi! I want my pocky now Tsuande!" She laughs along with me and nods. "Of course, I'll leave them to you." She walks out the room with a smile across her face.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" Naruto asked making me smile. "I woke up earlier today, and I got bored so I asked if I could pull a prank on you people!" I explained with jazz hands. "Woah, your eyes and hair changed..." Tenten said from behind Lee. "Oh yeah! Now I look more like Hikari-Nii!" I giggled, looking back at Neji I smiled softly. "Hey, if I ever die helping you, don't blame yourself. I do things for many reasons, so don't question it." I said before yawning. "Damn, whatever med they are pumping into me is making me drowsy." I rubbed my eyes making an aww come out of the girls in the room. "Don't do that again." Shikamaru says from the corner of the room. "What? Be cute or almost die?" I asked with amusement. "Almost die." I sighed amd fell back into the bed. "I can't promise anything, Shika. Buttttttttt I need something to eattttttt" I dramatically state.

Tenten came to my bed and hit me over the head. "Oi!!" I state annoyed with the action. "Do you know how scared we were?!? Arashi was worried for-" "I know she was." I state with a sigh and pushing myself out of bed. "I was planning on apologizing to her but the prank wouldn't have happened if I did so first." I shrugged. "At the moment she is in the academy, so I will wait till she gets home." I smiled before looking at Tsunade who had came back into the room. "Here, you're checked out already. Just don't over do anything. The wound isn't fully healed." I nod my head in thanks as I looked at what she gave me. Cash, clothes, my forehead protector, shoes, and a box of pocky. "K, people go on out! I need to get ready!" I shoved them out the door and got ready.

A simple dark grey top, spandex shorts, and ninja shoes. I smiled. Thank Kami, I thought I would have to wear a fucking pink dress out of this hospital. Once I was out I boreldy started walking around the village until I found that smoothie booth from when I was first new to the village. I ordered the same thing as before, paid, and headed off.

By the time I got home I had about an hour before Arashi gets back, I might as well make dinner.

***

"Onēsan?" Arashi's voice rang out, turning to look at her I smile. "Hey Peaches, dinner is on the table." The look on her face was pure shock and relief. She ran straight into me, wrapping her arms around my lower half. "Please try not to leave me again." I sighed and looked down at her. "You know I try not to get hurt, but on missions is hard not to. I don't like sugarcoating things so I'm sorry. But there might be one day that I go on a mission and not come back alive. When that day comes I want you to know that I didn't go down without a fight." I cupped her cheeks as she looked at me with her stormy blue eyes. "I want you to be strong. If I do die, don't change. I love your personality." I kissed her nose and gave her a bright smile. "Now go and eat, okay? We got training in the morning." She gave me her usual bright smile in return and ran to the table.

By the time I was sending her off to bed she looked up at me. "You look more like Hikari-Niisan now." a giggle came out of her mouth. "Can you sing me something?" I nodded my head and sat at the foot of her bed. "What do you want me to sing?" She thought for a while before smiling back at me. Sing me that song you sang when we were in the land of waves." I shook my head. "How about a different song? I'm not sad like I was then." She smiled and nodded her head, she was okay with any song I sang.

"Goodnight Peaches." I kissed her head before walking out of the room, into my own. I crashed into my bed and fell asleep, happily for once....