Chapter 114

After training, Shino and Kiba dragged me along with them and Hinata to Tsunade's office. "Com'n guys! I don't wanna go big hunting!" I complained as we entered the round office. Lady Tsunade listened to Shinso's mission request while pacing the room. With all that paperwork on her desk it looks like she has nothing done... maybe I should come in after the mission to help? "So basically these beetles are great hunters?" I asked Hinata, she gave me a shy nod which only fueled my boredom. "This just happens to be their year and season to lay eggs." Is he smirking? I can't tell. "I'm willing to bet Sasuke left most of his stuff behind." Kiba added with a grin. "If we could get one of the beetles to track his scent-" "it could lead us to Sasuke's location." Tsunade finished in awe. "What's even the probability we could find one now?" I questioned, if we could find Sasuke them I could teach him a lesson. "Very low, probably less than 10%." Shino replies. "With how things are right now, I can't have my Genin or Chunin running around recklessly." I silently agreed, the village is stretched thin with ninja and we don't have the luxury to sit around on our asses. "But with Kurenai hospitalized, that leaves team 7 without a mission." Turning her head back towards us she glanced at me with a sly grin. "I'll put my money on that 10%. You guys have a mission to find a Bikochu. Shino, you shall be mission leader but Kira, I want you to supervise in place of Kurenai." She then took out a kunai and hit the tile on the ceiling. "Ahh!" Naruto fell out of his hiding place unwillingly. Tsunade then spoke with my teammate about a promise causing me to roll my eyes at the sight. "Oi, what do you even expect me to do on the mission? It's not like my skill set is useful-" "Kira, that's up to Shino to decide. You are to just watch over the mission unless told otherwise." I snapped my mouth shut and huffed out a breath. This is so annoyingly boringggggg~

***

The next morning I left Peaches a note to let her know that I was on a mission before heading off to the Hyuga estate. "Hinata~! Can I come in?" I questioned as I stood outside the main building. "Hinata-!" The Dior was opened and Hinata came out with a smile. "Good morning Tenshi, I sorry to keep you waiting." I could sense Neji's presence around but I couldn't physically see him. "It's fine! Let's get going! I wanna get this mission over with~" I grinned while taking her hand and pulling her along to the front gates.

"What took you two so long?" Naruto questioned as the two of us finally made it to the group. "Sorry, I was running late and Hinata was waiting for me!" I covered quickly as the shorter girl. "It's fine, but let's get going!" Naruto immediately took off only to notice that team 7 was casually walking behind me as I caught up with him. "Why are you guys walking so slow?! Let's go!" "It'll take two days to get to the habitat, there's no need to rush." Shino replied calmly. "But what if the eggs hatch before we get there?!" "Whiskers, chill out." "The eggs only hatch the day after it rains. I don't see any clouds in the sky, do you?" Shino could be sarcastic?? Woah! That's new! "Yea-but what if-" "Naruto, I am the leader of this team. While on this mission, you will follow my orders." Oooooo spicyyy~ I never knew Shino could be like this. "Yeah Whiskers, cool it. Even I know my place on this mission." I knocked some sense into the blond but continued walking.

***

"The sun's setting." I pointed out. Shino paused which confused Naruto. "Let's set up camp." Hinata and Kiba went straight to work as I helped out. Naruto isn't used to Shino's leadership. I'm just lucky I can adapt well enough to keep my opinions to myself.

Hinata and I were the closest to the exit of the tent, the boys were already fast asleep when we both glanced at each other. Silently, we made our way to a river near by and began to strip to bath before bed. Hinata is so graceful and pretty, while I'm over here looking like a wet dog. I puffed my cheeks in envy but got up to redress myself in my sweats and bandeau made of bandages. "Yo, Imma go back to camp. Don't stay out too long Hinata~" I whispered as I rung out my hair. "Okay!"

As I entered the tent I wrapped myself up in my blanket and fell asleep comfortably. Though I thought I heard something move a few minutes later....