1.1 Egg Bond

"Protect the Egg!"

"The egg shall be protected!"

"The egg's survival is a must!"

"Be careful! Don't break the egg!"

He never thought that the first order he must commit was to deal with protecting an egg. 

What egg? How will his family know? 

Lang Yuan was suddenly transferred to an unknown world without notice and while in a daze at what the hell was happening to him, he was pushed towards the chaos of people. Everyone is trampling, trying to form a human barrier while surrounding a square glass casket. 

Inside the square glass casket is an egg the size of an ostrich, which is yellowish with little red spots, and is wrapped in what seems to be fine silk, littered with golden runes and mystical symbols. 

As to why it seems that these people are worshipping this single egg, Lang Yuan has no idea. His little knowledge about human religion and what-not only valued a cent, but this does not mean that he's stupid.

Humans tend to make a religion out of a human being or a figure that brought salvation to a lot of people in times of unfavorable conditions akin to saving humanity. Or at least made some heaven-defying contribution that lead to a large-scale development that can be proudly written as part of human history. 

While some animals are also accounted for since idols and gods could not only be limited to a human form. There are many stories related to the world's creation or any pseudo-spiritual intervention that took animal forms that most often than not are utilized as guides. 

In history, it has been said that Egyptians worship cats, and even some Asian countries treat animals as gods or messengers. 

But he never heard of an egg religion, the egg worshippers.

Though, when he thought about it, maybe there was something inside the egg. Like an heir or a god-like creature that can be a descendant of some funny-cracking god who likes to watch people's lives as if treating it as a soap opera. That's reasonable. 

And once the god is bored, yes bored watching people, decided to have some fun and dropped a bomb - like this unknown egg - to create chaos. It sounds ridiculous but aren't gods fond of doing troublesome things?

If that's the case, then, Lang Yuan could only curse his bad luck. 

Who would ever think that after dying an unspeakable death, he will be sacrificing his life again to protect an egg? And whatever egg it is, what is his relevance towards it? It's not that he is the one who laid it, right?

Lang Yuan wasn't given time to contemplate as he was dropped right in the middle of the war. No matter how much he wants to just walk away and forget everything about this "egg protecting" scheme, he will either be pulled by those people back inside the formation or be pushed by the incoming reinforcements. 

Our family's poor little jade could only do nothing but follow the flow!

After being dragged by the flow of the tide, Lang Yuan somehow managed to land at the side of the glass casket. He was actually pushed towards the casket, his face funny, flattened unto the surface looking like a pressed pig. His nose was crushed in between sobs, and Lang Yuan is actually kissing the glass ah!

You, you... Stop pushing! Can't you see that he's becoming a pancake? ( •̀ㅁ•́;)

But who will listen to him anyway? And can even our little brother, no - even if he is a big brother, how could a single man without power or ability stop this mob of angry people? As a modern man who never encountered something dangerous, and possesses a meek personality, Lang Yuan could only silently cry.