14.4 The Ripple On The Still Waters

"Ahem," Zhong Song cleared his throat for the nth time today.

Occupying the highest position of the court, nobody could not help but to take a glance every now and then to the man sitting on the throne that very much annoyed the Imperial Scholar. To look and see the emperor is a usual thing. Being curious to the divine being is a natural trait owned by the humans. Their inability to avoid watching the emperor is inherit to the emperor's ability to pull attention, and as well as his domineering aura that failed to extinguish

Even the gods in the heavens would occasionally befall to this unending scheme.

However, the cause of the recurring glances is not because of the emperor's majestic pull of attraction. It is because of the ambiguous position the emperor has on his seat, and to the person who is hiding a pit on his lap, trying to dig a hole to hide his self.

With Yu XueQin sitting firmly, his position can be considered that of a lazy emperor. His upper body is totally leaning to the side of the chair with his chin resting on the palm of his right hand. His hair was draped down unto the sides, following his slanted position, framing the idle expression of his face. Both of his feet are flat on the floor, with knees slightly parted, showing an imposing attitude.

But this is his usual appearance even in the Imperial court. Yu XueQin is famous for his firm and strict rule that one straight look is enough to trigger a land mind. However, there would really be times when this facade breaks and he we would act like a lazy emperor that is waiting for games to entertain him or something.

During the days when there are no wars and the world is as peaceful as possible, attending the morning court feels like a hassle. The best in attendance ruler would never skip these court meetings even though he already knows what things he will be dealing.

Usually, the topic of the discourse would be about financial statements. This is the work of the budget and accounting ministries that handles the basic decision and requirements and would only seek help to the emperor when a problem arises. Their reports are daily monitored by Zhong Song and a few accounties that books the number to their scrolls.

Aside from this painstakingly hassle job, there are also reports about land ownerships, or border invasions. This information though appears less in the court, are of great importance and daily reports are needed to plan structures. But since this news always comes in a hurried pace, the court meetings are not needed and it would be directly handed to the emperor.

Then, what is the reason of the glances?

The answer to the question is due to that single mole sticking to the body of the emperor. Even though the emperor looks the same, one could not just simply ignore the being that has cease moving since earlier.

Clad in pure white robes, the entanglement of the empress to the black-robed emperor is really hard to disregard. Lang Yuan is sitting on Yu XueQin's lap sitting on the opposite direction. Both of his legs are pried open, resting to the sides of the emperor, with his body stuck close to Yu XueQin's chest. His arms are wrapped around the neck of the emperor and his head is resting to the crook of the emperor's shoulders.

To say that he wasn't moving, it is because Lang Yuan knows how embarrassing his position was. By just simply moving his body, people will notice the movement, and even the noise of the room that is filled with paper flipping the rustling of their clothes can still be heard. He wanted to get away from this koala-like position but he was afraid that the emperor would suddenly steal some tofu and their position would become worse than before.

Lang Yuan has been hugged the same time when they had the meeting after their wedding. But this time feels a bit different since Yu XueQin openly exposed his affection towards the empress, not even denying the fact that they are currently in a honeymoon mood. The pink bubbles around the figures are enough to attract attention and it did not fail to do its purpose.