10.8 A Song To Your Heart

Dreadful - a word resonating someone's fate.

Lou MuLan is very confident with her skills. That is because since she was still a young dragoness, she was trained to become a refined lady by her mother and father. As a noble and part of the aristocracy, Lou MuLan should only highlight excellence to represent the Lou Family. Her fate as a concubine of the emperor was already sealed the moment she was born in this world.

Different than most of the low gods, Lou MuLan studied the five subjects of arts none stop. Day and night, she would stay with her shifu to learn how to play chess and play the zither. She also has to learn a few from politics and math questions, language, and geography. Her lessons did not only end from these tasks but also on the field of martial arts.

Lou MuLan is born from a family of scholars, yet, she was more inclined to martial arts. But because she was a lady, she have to follow her father's orders and only learn a few moves that can help her protect herself. She immersed herself in learning the books even though she was a bit slow when it comes to using intelligence.

For a thousand of years, the young lady from the Lou Family did not fail to impress people.  Not only did she develop into a refined beautiful lady, she was also kind hearted and holds importance to justice in the community. She was very down to earth and would treat people with respect and conviction.

She was never someone who will start scheming to people just to gain a personal interest. Yet, as if she was possessed, the beautiful Lou MuLan suddenly changed.

It all started when she met a certain man who is not a dragon, nor a human. He was wearing a black cloak and a mask covering half of his face. His whole body was covered with a special dark cloak that makes him look like he was floating in the air, and also makes him move swiftly adapting to the shadows in the dark.

There was nothing special with this kind of trait. She knows a few shadow guards who has the same attire, ranging from wearing tight dark clothes to black cloaks. However, this black masked man is different. He has this powerful aura around him, but at the same time, he didn't have it. He was strong, yet weak.

Existing, but not.

This trait made Lou MuLan interested. She was a full-blooded dragon and can detect any danger. She can feel the danger coming from this man, however, the 'interest' that he carries only made the Lady drawn to him.

Then again, the same thing happened when Yu XueQin first met Lang Yuan.

Something is interesting.

The black masked man approached Lou MuLan. Almost every night, the black masked man would appear on her room telling her a few words about the emperor. He told her that Lou MuLan is the rightful empress amongst the twenty concubines, and that her beauty surpasses all. Lou MuLan will never fall to such flattery because she knows that the man is just trying to earn good favors from her.

She is, after all, from an aristocratic family. Schemes like these can be seen easily.

However, no matter how she tried avoiding the black masked man, a time will come that her defenses will weaken. And once that moment happened, the black masked man did not think twice and invaded her mind. That day happened when the news about the emperor marrying a human reached the higher realms.

"Your emperor will marry a human. And that human has a child from him. He will become the empress. And the concubines will fall out from the palace," the black masked man said as if telling a prophecy.

All this time, Lou MuLan only listened to the black masked man. But this time, she made an inquiry. She asked the black masked man why he knows about this or if he was an overseer of future events. The black masked man only crooked a smile saying: "I am not from this world, and so as him. Our existence should never belong here."