14.3 The Ripple On The Still Waters

"Owww!" JiDan fell to the ground dramatically while holding his shoulders emotionally. He was holding a makeshift sword on his hand that has been battered after a long time of practice.

Three days ago, Yu XueQin took Lang Yuan out from the sect to 'caught him on the act'. This was consented by JiDan who is really very curious about the origins of his mother. He agreed, happily planning the course of the 'date' when suddenly Yu XueQin tossed him towards General Gu Quan. The dumbfounded kid blinked as he alternately looked at the two imposing figures.

Yu XueQin nodded in affirmation as if he reached a conclusion out of a sudden. He handed his son without thinking twice to the trustworthy general that served him well.

"Originally, a kid can start training when he reaches seven years old. This is according to tradition and most of the elders follow it," Yu XueQin said. "Even though you are still young, with that body, a little training will not hurt."

"What do you mean?" JiDan did not like where this conversation is going.

"General Gu, teach this young man a few sword techniques," the emperor commanded.

"Yes, your majesty," General Gu kneeled in respect.

"No, what do you think you are doing? Are you seriously telling me to learn sword techniques?"

JiDan never looked down to anyone - except to his father - and respected their prowess. General Gu is almost the same with Zhong Song. Both have different expertise but the mastery of their works exceeds the normal ones. General Gu is really good in close combat that nobody would ever dare to fight one on one with him. It can be said that he can use any weapons, or fight bare handed without problems.

JiDan would really love to learn from this person. However, it isn't time for him to start working and would just use his original strength that is pretty much strong if compared to the soldiers. Though, there are times that he asks the general to give him some lessons, but due to young age, the general never favored his request. Now that the emperor handed the order, why is JiDan worrying?

Well, he knows that the emperor wanted to get rid of him now that he can be alone with Lang Yuan.

"No, I don't want to train!" He complained. JiDan on his adult form throwing a tantrum looks very adorable. If ever Lang Yuan is present, he could have poked that squirrel like cheeks just to tease the fuming dragon.

"What are you saying? Didn't you always wanted to protect your mother? This is your chance to earn the right," Yu XueQin said.

"Don't use that excuse about protecting my mother. It was very clear that you wanted me to be away! I mean, two days is not enough to train and learn a skill! This is impossible," JiDan voiced out his contempt.

Yu XueQin raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "Oh, so you noticed?"

"I'm telling mother about this!" JiDan is all prepared to show his five hundred-page thesis to complain about his father's indecencies to Lang Yuan but he was quickly stopped by the emperor. Well, he is still a kid. How could he fight with a ten thousand year old emperor?

Therefore,, as a result, JiDan was left inside the sect to 'train' while his father is flirting with his mother. And maybe later his father will proudly announce that a new kid is born. JiDan will accept brothers anytime but he will still not like his father. He would actually snatch the brothers away from him and teach them the proper way on how to dirty the image of their father so their mother will only notice them.

Still, the fragile kid could not help but to cry. He was whining while sleeping, whining while eating, whining while on training - he looks very helpless like a bunny that lost a carrot. He would mop around not seriously doing his tasks. Even now, he was having a sword combat with general Gu. Normally, he could avoid such simple attack. But JiDan did not only dodge it, he even stood there helplessly as he received all the blows nonchalantly.