8.7 EXTRA CHAPTER V

"Senior Yan, where are we bringing these papers ba?"

Yan JiaYi's reading was interrupted when somebody spoke beside him. Though, he's not really that focused on the reading material he was holding. He's only checking the headlines, reading only the big font words than the contents. Yan JiaYi flipped the newspapers at hand to the next page.

"The library collects the newspapers for safe keeping," he said absentmindedly.

"True, but why do we have to carry this lot? Isn't one enough for them?" The junior whined.

The newspapers they were carrying aren't really that much. It's only a few, though, only accumulated for a week's worth. But the weight of this paper is not really heavy despite the amount and size. The Junior is carrying two bundles walking it side by side. Yan JiaYi is only carrying one bundle, squeezing it between his armpits whilst holding today's newspapers.

"What's the problem ah? In a whole day, you can play basketball with your friends without complaining. I only called you to help me carry a feather and now you wail? Where's the enthusiasm ah?" Yan JiaYi only mocked. He can carry all these stuffs on the library by his own. But that would be defeating his real purpose of doing the job.

"I admit, Senior Yan," The Junior said. "But the library is still far. Why do we have to deliver these ba? I heard from the teachers that the library always collects these papers in every two weeks. We don't really have to waste time."

"You think we are wasting time?" Yan JiaYi shrugged his shoulders. "Just think of this as a contribution to the school. Who knows whatever karma this job can give you."

The Junior heaved a sigh. Somehow, he had guessed what is the reason why Yan JiaYi 'volunteered' to do this job. There are rumors in school about this certain person whom his senior is always following. That person isn't really popular but everyone knows him. Of course, if you found a person who maintained the top spot in every year, will you not question the identity of that very smart person?

Once said that that person is a scholar, attending the university with free tuition. Though, the school is still a prestigious one so that scholar still needed to pay for the miscellaneous that is almost borderline with the school fees. That scholar is working at the library to get extra funds.

The Junior have seen that person a few times in the library, sometimes on the cafeteria, and once on the staff room. The scholar seems too timid, had this 'don't talk to me' vibe and always frowning. Frowning, was it? No, the scholar is not frowning but not also smiling. Those soft lips are always in straight light performing the stunt of a poker face.

The junior thought that it is a common image of those people who always have the brains. Despite being gifted with intelligence, they are void from emotions. But to think that his senior would be interested with that scholar... maybe, like any other people, that scholar has a unique feature that Yan JiaYi can only see?

"I don't know how people can still read this stuff daily," Yan JiaYi's muttering made the junior look at his senior.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"Not really," Yan JiaYi stops walking and leaned a bit closer to the junior spreading the paper wide. He showed a headline with extra large fonts showing its importance. "There is this stalking incident in the school lately. People sure have too much time in their hands huh."

"Ah, I heard of it. It was from the mathematics department. Luckily, the culprit was caught," the junior said. They continued walking.

"There is also this news about the car crash incident in an intersection, burglar, and fires. Seriously, what's wrong with our world? Can't they just write some good stuff like a person winning a lottery or a child's birth? Reading this the first thing in the morning spoils my mood," Yan JiaYi honestly commented.