8.5 One Plus One Makes Three, Gentlemen

Lang Yuan almost wanted to vomit blood.

Ah no, he is really going to vomit blood.

The nonsense interjection of the First Concubine halted the retreating figure of the Empress Candidate. The attention that was already on Lang Yuan shifted to the standing lady with red robes. She was clenching a brush on her one hand, the other pointing impolitely to Lang Yuan. The Youth has no force to look at her so he remained standing half leaning to the maids helping him to walk.

Zhong Song watching this scene unfold shoots Lou MuLan a glare.

"What is the meaning of this, Lady Concubine Lou," Zhong Song asked, his voice a bit louder than usual. Lou MuLan gave the scholar a meaningful look while holding her nose up.

"Imperial Scholar, can't you see? He cheated," Lou MuLan retorted.

"And in what basis are you accusing him?" Damn, Zhong Song wanted to finish this deal already.

"Did you not see? How do you think he can finish the test that fast? He must have known the answer beforehand. He cheated!" Lou MuLan insisted.

In which, is really reasonable. A test that takes hours and days to finish, and yet Lang Yuan finished it within less than fifteen minutes...

"I am asking you, Lady Concubine Lou, in what basis are you accusing him? We all see how he finished answering the test," Zhong Song defended. "Are you aware of the punishment that you will receive if this accusation would be proven false?"

Not only Lou MuLan would be eliminated from the contest, her chance of expulsion is also high. The maids supporting Lang Yuan can feel the quick lowering of Lang Yuan's temperature. His pulse is also starting to fade. With worried faces, they look at Zhong Song. At least him go just now!
"Let the Empress Candidate go," Zhong Song ordered.   Lou MuLan who saw the exchanged sneered. She made a mocking laugh and pointed Zhong Song this time.

"I see, so you two are scheming!" Lou MuLan blurted out. "You are the one who gave the answers to him."

"What?" Zhong Song looks at her with a confused stare. "What do you mean?"

"It's impossible that he can get the answers without your help. As what I have known, you have been supporting him from the first right? You were teaching him some lessons before the contest start. It is possible that you also gave him the answers this time knowing that he might not win, like what happened to him with the first competition," Lou MuLan said.

Everyone knows that Zhong Song was appointed as Lang Yuan's tutor. That is due to the fact that Lang Yuan is a human and he needed to know a lot of stuffs especially the information about this world. Lang Yuan is not stupid but he is completely ignorant to this world's standards. Like how he didn't know that solving math questions in five minutes is an unusual occurrence.

The people started to gossip. It is true that Zhong Song is relatively close to the Empress Candidate. Maybe he did really give him the answers? Lang Yuan is a human. In order for him to win the competition, a powerful being should back him up. Zhong Song might be a half-breed but it is better than a human is. He is also the emperor's brother.

Then, if the brother favored the Candidate Empress, and the emperor 'liked' the Empress Candidate, what is the use of this competition?

From the start, the emperor is already planning to marry Lang Yuan. Whatever place they hold the wedding, be it on the human realm or here, they can still get the marking. Then what happened? The news of the concubines objecting the wedding is also known. But the decision will still depend on the emperor. To whom he will sleep with still depends on him.