9.3 The Calm Before The Storm

With JiDan staying to the side of his mother, Yu XueQin feels more relaxed. Assigning Zhong Song to Lang Yuan as a tutor is just a pretense. The main objective would be to protect the Empress Candidate while he stayed on the Higher Realm. Though, his trust to his half-brother is high, he can't still cut the worries that lie deep on his heart. Zhong Song is just a half-breed. He can protect Lang Yuan against normal dragons. But to the likes with the imposter black masked man...

The trials are just a folly. Yu XueQin himself will never bring such ridiculous games. But it was Lang Yuan who asked it for himself and it is just simply his virtue to respect the human to his wishes. Whatever outcome it will bring, Lang Yuan will still become a priority. After all, the schemes behind the palace are normal occurrences. Framing a concubine to raise Lang Yuan to the top is just a simple feat.

Well, that seems to be his plan from the start. Let the human play and face his mistakes. After he is done playing, then he will take him home and have them unite. He will then continue living with 'his' human - a life that will surely become exciting. Lang Yuan is an interesting existence. To stay beside an interesting person will surely bring liveliness.

If only a discrepancy did not happen.

He cancelled the trials. Why would he sacrifice his 'interest'? If that person will be gone within his grasp, he somehow didn't know what to do. He was surprised to know that the loss of a simple being will make him think like this. Lang Yuan is just a human. And his world has lots of human. Why should he be worried if that single human will be gone?

Yet, his heart can never forget that painful clench. The moment he saw Lang Yuan almost abducted released a rage he never thought would come out. Plus, his son was hurt. Who even dared to do that to his family?

Yu XueQin is really cold from the outside. But the residence of the higher realms know that it was just his facade as the emperor. Because, if Yu XueQin was really cold up to his bones, why does persons like Zhong Song who is known as the 'sunshine' stay with him? And the fact that Yu XueQin did not even hated his half-brother a bit.

He released the decree after he marked Lang Yuan. His mark is just temporary; he wanted to mark him permanently. A dragon's possessive desire is too much that whenever they found a treasure, they will hide it deep in a castle and keep it forever. Nobody can change a dragon's desire once it was switched on.

The emperors who heard about the news are indifferent. After all, this is not their kingdom and involving themselves will only bring trouble. Some of them decided to just go home and sleep. Well, this journey at least brought them out from their messy offices and served as a long vacation that they always wanted. Even though their plan of staying out for so long was cancelled, this is still a rest.

But some of the emperors criticized the decree. Then? What if there is danger? Who cares if one of the concubines will die? Actually, they would be happy if the chance of bringing out an heir from another emperor will lessen. And the human? Well, if he dies then that's good. At least in this equilibrium no one is leading. The balance will remain in eternity.

Yu XueQin, of course, disliked the emperors. Even Mu BoLin, the youngest emperor understands the danger and accepted the decree. The small emperor wanted to stay in his realm for a while for sightseeing. He is still a child and needed experience. Yu XueQin obliges the little emperor and give him some advice to hone him as a better person in the future. But dragons like Tian YingJie strongly disregarded the decree and wanted the trials to continue.

And that is the reason why the two figures are heaving tea on the great hall. All the servants of each emperor stayed on their corners not crossing the other. They are sitting casually in a low table with a sweet scented plant atop. There are snacks on the table and a set of teacups and dried leaves. The sweet scent invaded the nostrils of those servants who did not belong to the realm and thought that this tea would taste good. Tian YingJie is drinking the tea leisurely while being surrounded by the servants fanning him.