10.4 A Song To Your Heart

Lang Yuan was descending the stairs when he heard some noise coming from the corner of the lower steps. He searched for the noise and spotted a group of wonderfully colored clothes flocking in one side, like flowers in full bloom. The flowers were the palace's harem, the ladies excitedly chatting with each other.

Though, Lang Yuan wasn't able to distinguish the ladies due to the paper made parasols that was held by the servants. The patterns of the parasols fascinated the youth, remembering those small umbrellas used to decorate a certain drink to ass some effect of beauty and elegance. He wanted to know where these ladies bought the parasol so he intentionally walked nearby the group.

The servants noticed the presence of another person. Using their peripheral vision to look at the person while bowing, they found the beauty of the jade from the other court. The fascinated smile of Lang Yuan made the servants' hearts throb in pain, wanting to approach him hesitantly.

The other servants serving the concubines are aware of the situation inside Lang Yuan's chambers. During resting times, or at night, these fellow servants would share their daily grievances, usually complaining about their master's crude attitude and manners. Yet, those who are serving under Lang Yuan never did once complained and said that the youth is kind enough to always say 'thank you' and 'I'm sorry' most of the times.

Plus, with no doubt, Lang Yuan will be promoted as the empress.

They envied them but they can't do anything about it. They are serving under a master, moving to the other court without permission is a crime. Well, unless they were ordered to move, that's when everything is valid. So these servants when having free times would eventually try to earn sugar from Lang Yuan to take them in.

Lang Yuan proceeded down to the last step leveling the ladies. That's when he noticed more faces that are familiar. Under the parasols are the ladies whom he only met on times of danger. Actually, the ladies were the most reason of his troubles and would happily want to avoid them. Lang Yuan changed his mind and decided to turn around and escape. But the ladies noticed his presence and all turn around to meet his eyes. They all went down to silence.

Well, how can he avoid anyway? Lang Yuan is always looking so vibrant. The person must be blind not to notice him.

With their eyes on level, Lang Yuan quickly recognized the group. The most obvious person must be that lady in bright red robes standing erect in the center of the crowd. Her red robes are somewhat half-decent and half not, with the collars almost open in a huge 'V' exposing the lines in between her breasts. Her hair are tied up in a bun showing her unblemished neck, pretty much saying that she's going to submit if pushed down.

Lang Yuan questioned if this woman is really Lou MuLan or a seductress because there is no difference between the two images.

The other concubines, on the other hand, looks like weeds around Lou MuLan. Despite the wonderful bright colors their robes emit, they only give off an amateur feeling. These so-called concubines felt that the youth is calculating them so the ladies glared at the youth. It wasn't Lang Yuan's intention to do so. He can't help but to get a bit scared.

Ladies are scary ah. He was only standing there but the glares the women gave him stab him repeatedly. He took a step back with a crooked smile, wanted to just run and escape from the scene. If only he is not restricted, he could have done that long ago.

"Oh, greetings Empress Candidate," It was the red robe lady, Lou MuLan, who greeted first.

The other concubines did not do anything but to continuously glare. Lang Yuan wanted to ignore her but that is not respectful so he cupped his hands and bowed his head to return the greeting. The servants sneered at their masters. At least this one shows respect, unlike the ladies who only knows how to tattle-babble.