17.3 The True Hero

When the doctor went out of the room, the first thing that he found is a youth carrying a wonderful bouquet of flowers. Though, the youth seems to be in a daze, looking at the window that framed the back garden of the hospital.

Somehow, the light angled through the pane of the windows, highlighting the image of the youth as if he is an angel descended from heaven. The doctor could not help but to take a second look to see if this one is really a human or not.

Lang Yuan noticed that someone is staring at him so he looked at the front to find the doctor watching him. He quickly recognized the face of the old man since this is the one who asked him about what happened to Yan JiaYi before it fainted.

The doctor also recognizes him. The doctor could never forget the calmness of the youth as he conversed with him. Despite the emergency, Lang Yuan is the only one who has the proper mind to think and act properly. Without him, Yan JiaYi must have ended in a much critical condition.

Lang Yuan walked towards the doctor. His expression showed contrasted the colorful object on his hand, though it didn't make him look out of place. The doctor did not fully close the door since he already expected that this one is here to visit Yan JiaYi. He just waited on his position until the youth reached his place.

"Good afternoon, doctor," Lang Yuan greeted firsthand. "Is Yan JiaYi awake?"

"Yes. He's with his mother," the doctor replied.

"Oh..." Lang Yuan muttered.

He is here to check on Yan JiaYi. He did not expect that his mother will be here. The doctor found Lang Yuan hesitating and remembered that he heard Mother Yan crying the moment he left the room.

This youth still did not know Yan JiaYi's condition and thought that letting him enter now might cause some misunderstanding. So he decided to tell Lang Yuan the situation since he can see that the youth is also thinking the same.

"They are currently talking right now. It is better if you wait for a while before you enter," the doctor advised.

What could they possibly be talking right now? Lang Yuan wondered.

By the little space left between the unclosed door, he could faintly hear crying. That cries... who could possibly be it from? Was it Yan JiaYi's mother who is crying? Lang Yuan stared on the door with a question before turning his head to look at the doctor.

"How is Yan JiaYi's condition?" Lang Yuan asked.

"He's already fine. Basically, the reason why he collapsed is because of fatigue, there is nothing to worry about," the doctor said.

Lang Yuan stared at the doctor. If it is really just fatigue, will Mother Yan will cry for his son? Lang Yuan is not stupid to realize that the doctor lied. After all, the doctors and their patients signed a confidentiality contract. Nobody outside the family can know what kind of disability the patients have. Actually, it is up to the patient if it allows the information to be known to anyone including the family members.

Lang Yuan is not an immediate family. It's normal for the doctor to not release any private information.

"Is that so," Lang Yuan pushed the rim of his eyeglasses up. The expression of his eyes was suddenly covered by the thick flash. "When will he be released?"

"Well, it's up to Mister Yan when he wanted to be discharged," the doctor looked at his watch. "I still have things to do. I'll go now."

"Thank you, doctor," Lang Yuan nodded.

The doctor stared at the youth for a while before exiting. Unknown to the old man's good intention, Lang Yuan managed to take a peek from the clipboard the doctor is holding. He only needed to glimpse at it to know what kind of prescription the old man is holding. Does the doctor think that Lang Yuan is a naive guy?