16.1 Protecting What Is Important

The YanLing Sect was woken up by a loud alarm.

A junior disciple is sleeping soundly on his quarters when suddenly one rude person knocked on the door very loudly. The other sleeping disciples who were on the same quarters was disturbed by the noise, most are sitting up with a dazed with a frowned expression, while the others are strangely brave enough to cover their body with quilt to muffle the noise a bit.

Someone, who is nearer to the door, forced his self to jump off from his bed and made his way towards the door. The knocking became harsher every second making everyone's heart to suddenly feel weird. They can also hear Senior Brother's voice from the other side calling their names. The most attentive ones followed the disciple as they walk towards the door faster.

Though, they were only a step late when the door finally got broken from the force. The juniors that were sleeping stood up from their beds abruptly as if they have been stung on their butts. The ones on the door stared at the broken door and gulped. At least, they were a bit late. If not, they could have been run down by the force.

While the juniors are contemplating the luck that they have, the senior quickly entered the quarters and alerted the disciples. Together with him are also a few of their senior brothers and sisters. This made the junior disciples to feel nervous as they hurriedly gathered themselves. One disciple had the strong heart to break the tension and asked:

"Senior Brother, what is the matter?"

The senior disciple looked at the young man and heaved a sigh. He tried to hide to worry from his eyes but all of them caught notice of it. The other senior disciples did not wait for any instruction and headed inside to pack some things. The juniors are confused by this action as they helped the seniors to gather all their belongings.

"The YanLing Sect has faced its end. We need to move away," the senior disciple suddenly voiced out.

The helping juniors that were just picking things around all looked at the senior brother. He is joking, right? The YanLing Sect... is facing its end? Isn't this Sect the greatest amongst the five big sects of the continent? Why is it suddenly falling today?

Many questions swarmed off on their heads as they waited for answers. But before anyone could voice out their opinion, another shadow appeared on the door. They all look at the haggard look of the disciple that seems to be running for his life. He was sweating all over his body with his hair and clothes sticking on his skin. But the most prominent thing that made all people gasp is the black burn on his shoulders down to his waist.

"Hurry up! Master said that we should leave immediately or else the fire will catch up. It already burned the second level. It's tracing down to the edge in a very fast speed! Hurry up, leave!"

That disciple somehow still has a clear voice despite the trouble. Everyone knows him - he is a disciple coming from the highest level of the sect. He is mostly assigned to do messenger works. If one from the higher ups came down to tell the news, does it mean that the danger they are now is really that lethal?

One of the junior disciples wanted to get answers and so ran out from the quarters together with the other brothers. As they walk out, they all notice the unusual brightness of the surroundings despite the time being the night. They subconsciously looked up to see the source of light when they were welcomed with a very bright light. Instead of seeing the full moon, what they saw is the image of their sect burning in flames.

This is also the exact scene Yu XueQin and Kun Shao saw when they arrived at the front door of the sect.

Burning in bright red and yellow flames, the ones prestigious sect is being consumed by hungry fire. It first burned the wooden parts into ashes, then melting the stones down to earth. The metal works that is still rare these days also did not last the high temperature and followed the fellow materials. Everything burned without hesitation – the flames did not discriminate.