9.5 The Calm Before The Storm

There are a few things written on the little notes of his heart, yet, none of these words held a meaning.

He can still remember the first he saw him. Actually, he did not really 'see' him but felt him. That person is different. He is strong and... not strong. The power of his soul is too much yet nobody can feel it. He is like a battery that can store energy and can only be used when inserted to a battery case. And the egg who needed that strong energy is a perfect example of a battery case.

The unnamed creature wanted the human. However, he was scared. This sensation is new. What if it will just only harm him? And from the few knowledge that he can get from his dormant memories, it might also harm the human. If he will choose this human, will he be able to see him as his mother?

The creature was a bit complicated. This human is interesting that's why he wanted him. Yet, the fear of new things lingered. A lot people wanted to bond with him. The numbers are infinite. Maybe he can choose from them? They are strong enough. Their soul power is enough to bond with him.

But the unnamed creature has a strong heart that once caught its desires, it will never back down. He kept on observing that certain human as he was being trampled through the crowd. Right, maybe he can just watch this human for a while. He will observe, to see if he is capable. And once he sees that he is a good benefactor then they will form the bond.

But that did not happen. His planned was ruined when explosions suddenly erupted from all over the place. The human was pushed towards him, and from the peak of the commotion, was flattened to the glass casket. The unnamed creature rushed in panic as he let the human pass his barrier. He's scared that the human will die.

From the very start, the nameless creature, JiDan, is scared of losing his mother.

At first, he was surprised when Lang Yuan was able to give him too much blood. He was happy and energetic, lucky to found a benefactor who is very strong. Lang Yuan is not stingy, would feed him with his blood anytime. His blood also tastes sweet, a single drop filled with the most compressed soul energy. One drop is enough to satiate his hunger for a month, yet, Lang Yuan keep on giving him.

Ah, he will surely grow faster in this way! And maybe grow a bit of baby fats.

He never thought that it was an abnormality and treated it as a blessing. But events that are unusual keep on occurring. JiDan has already thought that Lang Yuan is different from the normal human. But his 'difference' deviates the normal 'difference' that he knows.

Lang Yuan has an understanding that a normal person can never have. For example, his hunting skills are very different. JiDan recollected the hereditary knowledge of his genes and received the memories of his ancestors. By just looking at the timelines, he cannot see the style of hunting that Lang Yuan is using.

On earth where magical powers did not existed, humans are dependent on making camouflage traps to blend in nature. Especially in the forest, hunters would place cages that can be activated through a sensor, or a net that will be pulled out once an object moves it. In [THE WORLD] where magical powers are normal, hunters would use either their arrows or swords to catch wild animal. This would leave the traces of their soul power making the animals that are sensitive with it able to escape.

Lang Yuan was able to successfully catch any wild animals without lifting a finger. The vines and the logs that he used easily complimented with nature. The animals have no way of detecting the traps making them easily caught. This performance amazed JiDan. He wanted to praise his mother!

They continued roaming inside the forest until they found the road. They stayed in an inn. JiDan can feel that he is ready to hatch. He's excited to see Lang Yuan from his very eyes. And when that time came, he was surprised to see a pair of crimson irises - the color of eyes that did not existed in this world.