12.4 The Covenant and the Heavenly Tribulation

There are two reasons why Yu XueQin descended to the Human Realm. First reason, that is to hold the human version of the Royal Wedding. This is in respect with Lang Yuan as a 'human' and it is a custom to have his own race to bless his wedding. Actually, the human wedding should be held first to give Lang Yuan the validity to cross realms. If only the summon did not happen, Lang Yuan could have passed the boundaries with no worry.

The second reason is due to the sudden appearance of the seal of covenant appearing lately. Once the first godhead was stolen, the five main sects of the human realm sent their inquiries to the scholars from the Higher Realms that are responsible to the communication between the two worlds. Once they received the news, it was then sent to the Emperor through close doors to prevent chaos. It's up for the emperor if he will announce the news to the common folk or hide it.

The Higher Realms cannot detect the seal of the covenant due to the realm's disposition. Just imagine it as an incident to the human world. If one human was killed, none of the humans will know unless they find the dead body. The gods, who are the watchers, could have seen this crime. The same idea works on the world of the dragons. Since they cannot see the event happening, they will never know until they find the corpse.

Now, the seal of the covenant did not only appear once. In these recent years, the human realm received a couple of signals illuminating their sacred altars with its violent light. The clockwork continued to click as if telling that time is closer to chaos. This made the sects worried and wanted to request the Emperor to fix the problem. This time, Lang Yuan is still about to get married with Yu XueQin so it took a few more years before the action was done.

Well, this is not the emperor's fault. After all, time runs different between the two realms. What seems to be the news heard yesterday is already a few months to the human world. Yu XueQin is busy attending his new wife and the kingdom, to fit such notice in a short time is no godly feat.

After the whole day of celebration, Yu XueQin hurriedly gathered the officials needed to investigate about this problem. There are already scholars from the Higher Realms that listed the information for the people to analyze it. Right now, their mission is to catch the perpetrator before the covenant completes the thirteenth hour.

In a huge dome in which the immortal altar was placed, a circular fountain was found flowing on the very middle. The fountain is carrying some glowing blue water that seems too concentrated with Qi. Only the master cultivators are allowed to enter this room. Other than that, the disciples who earned huge titles will be given the privilege to have a drink from this fountain.

Lang Yuan was amazed when he first saw the fountain. He never thought that such thing existed inside the sect. The water flowing from the fountain made the whole dome bright despite the darkness it carried. The light gives off a warm feeling of calmness making everyone at ease. Though, Lang Yuan remained behind Yu XueQin who walked towards the fountain.

Above the beautiful fountain is a kind of seal that was lit with violet light. The seal is circular, almost looking the same as a clock. However, it only has one hand that already covered up to the tenth number of the clock. The places that it went pass through created some weird characters that nobody can understand. Everyone believed that it was the words of the ancient.

Lang Yuan, who was struck for a moment, is the only one who can read it!

Isn't that Chinese characters ah!

Yu XueQin noticed the slight change of emotions from Lang Yuan's indifferent face. Nobody can detect that small emotion but as Yu XueQin who always has Lang Yuan on his eyes can see that little detail very clearly. Though, he did not approach Lang Yuan and continued looking at the seal. His focus is on the number of strikes than the strange characters.