9.6 EXTRA CHAPTER VII

It was a fine looking day. The season has changed and winter is getting closer. People started wearing thick clothes, and the buildings switched the AC to heaters. The university is still bustling but the crowd of people would rather stay inside their classrooms than to play outside. This fact is also the same with the two people who stayed on the hidden corner of the library monopolizing the nearby heater.

Yan JiaYi is currently sulking, rubbing both palms to warm his self. The person in front of him is still as cold as ice yet his rosy cheeks become more evident. It might be because of the season changing that Lang Yuan's pale skin easily blended the weather. Yan JiaYi concluded in his heart that Lang Yuan is one of those persons who will not be tanned under the sun and would become rosy red when met with cold.

"Ah-Yuan, Yuan-er..." Yan JiaYi tried calling over since earlier. Lang Yuan only ignored him.

Exams are still a month away right just before Christmas Eve, as to why this straight A student studying, Yan JiaYi has no idea. He knows that even though Lang Yuan will not study, the person will still get a high grade. Besides, Lang Yuan is a lap higher from the second place. Missing a few points will not affect his scholarships as long as he can get the grade higher than the required.

"Yuan-er, why do you keep on studying? Why not try to become lazy?" He suggested.

This is the reason why Yan JiaYi is sulking. He specifically allotted most of his time to voluntarily stay beside Lang Yuan yet the boy still ignored him. What bad thing did he do from his previous life that the person whom he was pursuing will not look at him once? He wanted to ask his ancestors if there is such thing.

"Yuan-Yuan, what are you studying?" Yan JiaYi thought that he could catch Lang Yuan's attention if he will start talking about academics. But Lang Yuan remained with a deaf ear.

Maybe it is time for him to give up now. Well, there are times that Lang Yuan is approachable, sometimes he is not. Maybe he is on his period? Yan JiaYi joked to himself. He looked over the materials Lang Yuan is busy reading and checking and noticed that none of the books is their textbooks. He took one from the side and read the front cover.

"Hey, why are you reading this? Isn't this the book used by the seniors?" Yan JiaYi asked.

This time, Lang Yuan looked up. He was too immersed from studying that he did not notice Yan JiaYi. Actually, all this time, Lang Yuan forgotten about Yan JiaYi's existence and studied on his own. He did not mean to do it so he silently apologized to his heart.

"Ah... mnn," he nodded, taking the book from Yan JiaYi's hand and placed it to the corner. He started writing but this time his attention is now divided to studying and to Yan JiaYi. Yan JiaYi showed a 'seriously-what-are-you-doing' look and reach out.

"What are these things? Are you planning on skipping grades?" Yan JiaYi is not really knowledgeable if skipping grades in college is possible. As far as he knows, a student is only allowed to have a double course, but skipping grades?

"Hmmm?" Lang Yuan looks up to see Yan JiaYi then slowly shook his head and bows down to continued writing. "No, I can't do that. This is for a senior."

"For a senior?" Yan JiaYi's face is currently out of order. Eh?

"Yes. Recently, a senior from the same high school recognized me when I was walking down the campus. He first reached me out and asked about my whereabouts. He asked me if I am still a scholarship student and I said yes. He is also the same," Lang Yuan narrated.

"Eh..." Yan JiaYi's expression suddenly became sour. "And so? What does that meeting has something to do with these?"

"He invited me over for lunch to talk about university life. Well, let's say there's something in High School that I didn't want to recall so he was worried when he graduated. He's one of the few people who took good care of me," Lang Yuan shrugged his shoulders.