17.9 The True Hero

That is the last time Yan JiaYi opened his eyes.

For two weeks, he remained in a comatose state. Mother Yan is very worried while Lang Yuan did not miss any day of the visit. The doctors said that it must be due to the accident that triggered this event. They cannot see any problem with his brain since it is working like usual but they associated this long sleep as his body repairing itself.

Due to the unknown reason, they could not hold an operation. They don't want to make any unnecessary surgery if ever there is a problem with his body. All they could do now is to wait for the patient to wake up. By that, they could just stay in the post for a while.

The case of Dong Wei had been closed. The evidence was clear that he drugged Lang Yuan to sleep while attempting to do something disgusting. The videotapes on the area capture his whole activity that made the investigation easy. In just a verdict, he was put in jail and would sooner receive a court order to lengthen his punishment.

Unfortunately, the influence of Dong Wei's parents is not less. He was only sleeping in jail for three days before he got out after paying a fine. His parent's also settled a lawyer to handle the case. Lang Yuan's parents were mad after knowing this. The evidence is clear, why is there a need to deny it?

And by the looks of Dong Wei, he did not even dare to hide his smug.

The lawsuit that they filed against Lang Yuan and his companions were trespassing and attempted murder. Yan JiaYi had given the heaviest blow to Dong Wei but it is nowhere close to dying. But Dong Wei acted out like he is on his life's end, passing out in the hospital for many days before weakly waking up.

Of course, this transaction is done under the table. No matter which angles to look, Dong Wei is completely at fault. Who cares if Yan JiaYi and that stranger trespassed on their property? From the looks of it, they are just trying to save Lang Yuan from being molested. Anyone on the scene would do the same thing if ever they are present on the scene.

But the lawyers the Dong family hired were smart. Only by a few words, they were able to reverse the situation. Added by money, they bribed a few officials stating that maybe they were just setting up Dong Wei as the bad guy. They even made Lang Yuan as a fox who seduced Dong Wei.

As can be seen, didn't Lang Yuan came to the house by himself? And seeing the set-up of the dinner and the atmosphere, shouldn't the two already planning to do the deed? The only mistake that Dong Wei did is recording the event without Lang Yuan's permission. Anything else, this seems to look like just two young men trying to make out.

Lang Yuan's family could not help but feel furious. Isn't it clear from the videos that Lang Yuan is not giving his consent? But the bastard lawyers only smirked while sarcastically saying that Lang Yuan is just acting out like a virgin maiden. Anyone doing it the first time would often feel a bit shy and hesitant.

The case had become a major event in the city. All the people who heard the news were mortified upon hearing the other side's logic. Nowadays, cases like r*pe and such were given importance considering that the most affected people were the younger people and women.

This is the first time the masses heard of a guy being attempted but this did not stop them from the side with Lang Yuan. Also, the reporters highlighted Lang Yuan's condition saying that he is some kid with a mental illness. Lang Yuan's name is not mentioned but it is clear from the description that they are referring to him.

Even though many people sympathized with the poor guy, it didn't give Lang Yuan a good image. Lang Yuan does not have a mental illness. He is normal like anyone, it is just that he has a different bearing than normal people. They did not need such a derogatory description to have people believe in them.