9.4 The Calm Before The Storm

After a few days, Zhong Song sent a dozen amounts of scrolls to the study. These possible poems will be read on the contest. When Zhong Song found that everything is in control, he left JiDan and Lang Yuan as he returned to his work. JiDan happily accepted the alone time with his mother.

Currently, the two figures are cuddling in front of the low table. The small child is sitting on Lang Yuan's lap, watching the kid read passages before him. Lang Yuan would rest his head to JiDan's shoulders and would praise the kid. Or simply play with the smooth hair. Lang Yuan should be the one reading it aloud but the little dragon wanted to show his talents just to be praised.

JiDan opened one scroll. Lang Yuan rested to the crook of his neck hugging the little child tightly. He looks over the scroll. The characters are still unknown and incomprehensible. No matter how many times he looks at it, he can never tell what is what. JiDan noticed his mother's sigh and looks up.

"Mother, are there any problem?" The little dragon asked.

Lang Yuan pouted and dug his face to his baby's hair. JiDan can feel Lang Yuan's distress.

"Mother?"

"I still don't get it..." Lang Yuan muttered.

"Don't get what?"

Lang Yuan peeked to the scroll lightly and raised his hand. He pointed a phrase from the scroll. JiDan looks over it. He knows the word. It was an easy word. Is his mother having a hard time to read it?

"This one means [dawn], mother. Are you unable to read it?" JiDan inquired.

Rather than read it, I can't recognize the character, Lang Yuan thought.

When he learned about the last trial, he thought that it would be about a fighting contest where the strongest will win. The is the usual ending in every trials like anyone who managed to pass the skills and intelligence tests will normally have the strength test at the last. This will show that the winner has all those qualities, eliminating the weak links amongst the group. Lang Yuan managed to pass the two trials. Then it means that he is capable?

If it's all about intelligence and skills, Lang Yuan is never behind. Don't talk about intelligence, which is his complete forte. However, his skills might incomplete but his high aptitude fuels it full. Whenever he says [He don't know] it just means [I still haven't tried it]. He only needed teachers to teach then he's fine.

JiDan is still waiting for his mother's answer. Lang Yuan is a bit hesitant. He's afraid that his little bun will suddenly change his treatment once he knows that Lang Yuan is a complication. He is a broken toy with a broken voice, how can he become this perfect child's parent? He was never ashamed to who he was. Maybe he was timid and hated himself for being weak but Lang Yuan is never ashamed. He has his mind and skills, aside from reading, he can almost do everything.

Will JiDan still love me after knowing the truth?

He contemplated for a while and realized that someday he still have to reveal this disability so he hugged the little kid tightly with a whispering gesture.

"I have a secret. But don't tell anyone about it, okay?" He said.

JiDan's eyes glinted with sparks. Finally! Mother wanted me to keep a secret! I should never make him disappointed. The excited flash of a kid on his first errand was shown clenching Lang Yuan's heart full of meng. He cuddled the little kid again while giggling. Their laughter can be heard outside the room making the maids and eunuch smile.

Lang Yuan pinched the chubby cheeks of the little dragon then said in a low voice: "You see, mother has dyslexia."

Dyslesh- what?