12.3 The Covenant and the Heavenly Tribulation

There was a huge difference.

Lang Yuan remembered the last time he entered the town; it was through the gate with a toll fee. Right now, not only is the gate open, he was even welcomed with dance numbers and music. The people crowded the way while waving some kind of fabrics, throwing flowers to the guests while maintaining a path for the parade to pass.

Before they entered the town, gods already prepared the Royal Cart that would be ridden by the couple. It would be a square-like vehicle with only a wall on the back and blinds on the remaining three sides. This is to keep the people from seeing what is inside but also knowing that there are figures riding the cart. Lang Yuan can clearly see what is on the outside, but never the otherwise.

Since Lang Yuan and Yu XueQin is already a couple, there's nothing wrong with the two of them riding the cart. But the people are somewhat confused. They know that inside the cart should be the heavenly couple, right? Then, why can they see a shadow of another individual between them?

That is, of course, none other than JiDan. Due to sudden change of his body, being inside of a cart that should only be occupied by two people is already crowded. Well, it was already expected that JiDan would be joining the couple inside the cart. After all, JiDan pretty much know how his father's mind works.

What could have happened inside a cart where there are two people who are actually married? Aside from that, we are talking about Yu XueQin here. If there's a chance that he could be alone with his wife, and the kid is away, do you think he would resist touching the youth? He has been abstaining for ten thousand years. Don't expect him to ignore the delicious food that was served up front.

Well, Lang Yuan isn't really complaining. He was still upset with JiDan suddenly shooting up. He thought that now his little bun is already a grown up (only on the human realm) he would avoid his parent's touches and would always say, "No, I'm already a big boy! I can already take good care of myself!"

So when JiDan actually volunteered to stay side by side, how could the delicate mother refuse? He let JiDan sit in between them. And by JiDan's successful schemes, that's how he made his father have an indescribable mood all throughout the parade. Well, what did you expect? The competition between these two are really very high class.

The parade ended at the front of the YanLing Sect Main Entrance.

The couple was welcomed by a group of people. Lang Yuan noticed that some of these people are the senior disciples that he meets a long time ago. However, their faces aren't as young and naive on the past. Right now, these people look very dignified and recollected, as if the previous actions are just due to their young age.

Not only are these people that changed. The whole sect also has the different image from what Lang Yuan can remember. Long time ago, he can still recall that the front gate of the sect has two carved statues that are facing on the luckiest directions. Right now, there are eight statues on the door representing each a certain blessing.

There are also more plants around the place giving it off a rather calm atmosphere than before. Lang Yuan also saw a few new faces from young disciples that just entered the sect.

Yu XueQin came out first. As per usual, the moment the emperor is out, all the humans would bow down in respect to their leader. They would greet his honor with the usual greeting three times while kneeling in a kowtow. Lang Yuan also received his version of greetings since he is already crowned as the Empress.

Minister Jiang XeXun received the immortal guests with great extravagance. A ceremony was already prepared for the human version of the wedding. Well, this wedding is due to Lang Yuan being a human, and so, blessing his bloodline to continue. This wedding is supposed to happen before entering the Higher Realms to stabilize his body condition. But right now, all they needed to do is to exchange vows to the ceremony and that's it.