12.6 The Covenant and the Heavenly Tribulation

"The roles of the minor gods that was killed are not related at all. The first god that was killed is part of the fortune gods. The second god is from the agricultural section, and the third one is from the knowledge channel. None of these gods interacted each other, nor did they have anything like fame. Like the minority, their jobs are as simple on the making," a scholar announced the facts written to a scroll.

A scribe recorded the words. One scholar pointed another series of information. The emperor only listened to his throne, letting the humans and his scholars interact. Out from the corner of his eyes, an invisible creature stride towards him. Only a few people noticed the presence of the shadow guard, and ignored it knowing the master of that individual. The shadow guard kneeled before Yu XueQin and bowed.

Yu XueQin gave a signal with his hand and the shadow guard received his acknowledgement. The shadow guard stood up and went beside the emperor to report something. Lang Yuan entered the library and nobody can enter aside him. The shadow guards are worried what will happen to the youth once inside the place.

The emperor only nodded. He knows this library. Actually, he is one of those people who created the two statues before the door. Nobody can enter without permission. Since Lang Yuan is his wife, the youth already has the card to come inside. The shadow guard wanted to ask what they should do but the emperor only dismissed him saying to stay on guard on the door to wait Lang Yuan to come out.

The meeting continued. The information that they collected only gave them an idea but it did not match anything. The gods has no family relations, not even a little dispute. Their workplaces are far from each other, and if ever they do interacted, there is no relevant interaction that might cause their deaths.

Though, there are traces that these guards did fought to their killer. The seal of the covenant would only appear if the god being called were oppressed. It serves as a signal that a dangerous being arrived and is killing them without any reason. This is the god's revenge of pulling the killer to hell to pay for its mistakes.

Yu XueQin pondered over the details more. JiDan returned from getting the scrolls and placed them on the table. The scholars thanked him with respect. Though, the young dragon was only showing some good skills in front of Minister Jiang XeXun. The moment he arrived, he already clung to the side of the human.

The Minister could not do anything than to sigh helplessly. He accepted the scrolls and inspected them one by one. JiDan, who is supposed to be helping, only watched the young looking old man as if he had the seen another good picture to stare at. Of course, the number is his mother, and second is Uncle Zhong Song. His father is already crossed out by default.

JiDan was thinking of playing some games when suddenly a very foreboding feeling enters his chest. Both the emperor and his son jerked in response of the bad feeling surrounding them. JiDan nervously stared at his father as if wanting to confirm something. It is all about Lang Yuan...

Lang Yuan suddenly disconnected from them!

It must be exaggerating if people could suddenly have some life detector intact on them. But these gods are known for their spirit force. Just by feeling the source, they could recognize the person with closed eyes. Right now, Lang Yuan's spirit force was cut off! This does not entirely mean that he was dead, but it only implicates that he is in a dangerous situation. The Emperor suddenly got up from his throne, surprising everyone in the room.

On the other hand, Lang Yuan rubbed his bottom that was hurting when he fell down. His surroundings suddenly became dark and it is hard for him to see anything. He stood up and tried to discern the place. Since he has not practiced any cultivation method despite his ability, Lang Yuan can't make his eyes see the dark. He only hopelessly tried groping in the air hoping that he will see the switch, if that thing ever existed.