3.5 JiDan Is Born!

"Student Lang, please read the paragraph."

Everyone snickered when the teacher called that name. The teacher is even looking the same. His eyes are filled with the usual mockery without hiding it to the students. All of their attention went towards to the frail looking student from the back.

Lang Yuan stands up while holding a very old textbook that only has a few pages clean. Even his clothes are not white, maybe yellowish, with patches of fabric sewn in. His bag is also dirty and faded from constantly washing. His shoes are torn and a part has lost its padding. Lang Yuan is the very definition of a poor student who still keeps on attending school with the hopes that he can go to college and raise his life up.

He looked at the teacher with his unusual crimson eyes and back to the textbook. Somehow, the letters keep on moving, waving like the sea, messing his sight in every corner. Instead of seeing the normal A, B, C's, what he can see is many characters walking, riding in a chariot, or in a car with large wheels. Everything is messing his view, none of the letters are behaving.

Everyone is aware of Lang Yuan's disability to read. Like usual, Lang Yuan read the paragraph in a very slow pace, even slower than a first grade. He can comprehend what he is reading but reading it aloud is a different thing. His classmates giggled and snickered, probably making fun of his complication.

Lang Yuan is already on the third sentence when the teacher stopped him.

"Tsk tsk tsk, student Lang, what are you doing? You call that reading? Actually, just stop. You're wasting my time. You'll be receiving an F from that."

What? Is he not the one who called him? He pretty much knows that Lang Yuan is dyslexic but he keep on calling him every time as if an entertainment for his boring class. The students would even join him from the teasing, adding to the fact that Lang Yuan is poor. But the boy did not do anything and remained silent.

After all, what he can do?

Lang Yuan stored all of his feelings inside his chest until it became heavy. It was so heavy that he can no longer breathe properly. It was when he realized that he is just dreaming and an object is placed on his chest. Lang Yuan frowned from this unusual awakening and opened his eyes to see who is on his chest.

A naked healthy baby boy is happily sitting on chest. This baby boy is only a year old with jet-black hair and crimson eyes. It was muttering some gibberish while clapping its hands. Lang Yuan stared at this small creature for a while, seeing the small jade dangling in between its legs closer to his face than he imagined.

Huh? Who is this? Whose child is this?

Lang Yuan abruptly stood up that the baby boy rolled down on the side. He caught it before the baby falls, with the baby pausing for a while then laughing as if wanting to do it again. He made the baby sit on his side and searched for his own little bun that should be still sleeping beside him...

"JiDan? JiDan?"

His eyes widened when he didn't see his little bun. He quickly sat up to look around the bed thinking that the baby maybe moved during the sleep but he didn't see any at all. Lang Yuan suddenly paled, wondering where his precious little bun went. That's when he heard that little boy that keep on clapping his hand or nodding as if enjoying itself.

Three little eggs popped on his mind and his attention goes towards the baby. This little boy has all the same features of his small bun. From its black jet hair, plump cheeks, crimson eyes, milky white skin - if only the baby is not any bigger he would assume that it was JiDan. Then what if... what if it was JiDan?

"JiDan? Baby, is that you?"

The little boy giggled more and waved its hand up. He tried standing up, hands on the bed while making both of its small legs stand. When it can finally stand straight, the small legs trembled and didn't catch his weight. The boy instead rolled down towards him as if doing a summersault. Lang Yuan accepted the child on his arms and didn't let the small boy hurt itself.