2.5 The Town Of Qian

The day is nice and the weather is good. Everyone is on their respective quarters doing their daily assigned tasks. Disciples of different levels are divided to do different activities. The senior disciples would be working around the quarters of their masters, either doing some meditation or copying scriptures. Junior disciples are usually found on classrooms, or not, doing some assignments on the library pavilion. While the probationary disciples would be doing the most tedious job of watering the plants, cleaning the floors, dusting shelves, etc. before being able to do some meditation.

The High-Rise Peak, to which YanLing Sect is located, is so peaceful that nobody thought that the whole group is in a desperate situation.

A certain man can be found in a middle of a very spacious garden planted with high-grade magical herbs. This man is sitting in an elegant lotus position, eyes closed, while breathing in good and controlled intervals. You can't find any sweat from that pale face, nor a strand of misplaced hair. His image is so still that a painter would be willing to draw his face for a fine long time.

Jiang XeXun is doing his usual cultivation practice. He was currently meditating, trying to breakthrough from his mid-level celestial cultivation. By consuming in some fresh air, his nerves calmed down while feeling the flow of qi inside his body. He then controlled the flow, an image of a bluish white object flowing out from his meridians going towards the center of his concentration. The entity formed a ball, spinning around, until it aggregated the energy collected. The light of ball is spinning so fast that making a little bit of mistake and it will escape from his grasp.

Cold sweat started to form on his forehead. He's been trying to get through with his bottleneck for five years and it seems that today he will be able to break it. He steadied his flow, taking the control of that ball, until it dispersed into small particles. The particles then returned to his meridians, filling his empty shell with a new kind of energy. It only took a few minutes before he's done.

He opened his eyes and heaved a sigh. A little bit and he will be able to do it. He closed his eyes again to start when a noise disturbed him. Frantic small steps from someone is running towards his direction. Jiang XeXun warned his disciples to do not disturb him during this time unless a mountain has moved from its land or the ocean has dried off. What could be the reason why this disciple has the nerve to disrupt his cultivation time?

A junior disciple ran towards the middle of the field, looking left and right searching for a certain person until his sights landed towards Jiang XeXun who is calmly sitting in lotus. The disciple then hurriedly went to his master and kneeled down to boy as if asking for forgiveness. He knows that the master will be doing his cultivation in this time; however, if he will not do it he's sure he'll be killed. Better to have his master punish him with a hundred whips than to be mercilessly killed by a god.

Jiang XeXun opened his eyes and saw the trembling boy bowing so low his head touched the ground. He said, "What made this small disciple to disturb its master?"

"Minister Jiang XeXun, a request has been sent by the World Emperor. Your Highness requested for your presence!"

"Then I shall heed," he said. "Prepare my horse and a caravan to bring gifts to the Emperor. I will set soon to meet His Majesty."

He stood up from his position and walked towards his quarters. The disciple found its master walking away and quickly gathered his legs. He ran at the front of the minister and blocked his way by kneeling down again with his head on the ground. The minister was annoyed and would wanted to kick the disciple not after he heard it say: "Minister Jiang XeXun, the World Emperor is already waiting at the grand hall!"

The huge door of the Grand Hall was loudly opened by a smaller figure. He walked in large and quick strides, tracing the middle path where a red carpet was placed. There are already people inside, mostly are senior disciples who are using the Grand Hall earlier and some of the masters of the sect. They all looked at the figure who came, their faces are pale from the sudden arrival of the supreme being. Jiang XeXun scanned the hall and found a man who only looked twenty-five sitting on the top most chair where Mistress Ying Mei usually sat on meetings.