15.5 Revelation

[The first thing that he saw in this world is a pair of red blood irises.]

JiDan caught the body of his mother effortlessly. One unconscious man is heavier than it is awake, yet JiDan handled it as if the body that he caught is lighter than a pillow. Well, Lang Yuan has always been very light. Nobody would ever think that this weak and frail-looking individual holds a great strength that not even JiDan could compare.

However, for JiDan, no matter what appearance this person takes or whatever weakness he has, he will always treat him with full respect and unconditional love. What if he is weak? JiDan can be strong for him. What if he is fragile? JiDan will become his block to protect him. Whatever disadvantages Lang Yuan earned himself JiDan will fulfill it.

This is his payment for his mother who brought him into this world.

[When his eyes stopped crying, then the other person started crying in tears. Those eyes that matched his showed warmth that he never saw before. Dragons are cold-blooded but for the first time he felt like human.]

JiDan placed his mother lightly on the ground while still carefully holding Lang Yuan's upper torso. The earlier event caused worry to Lang Yuan, which is evident to his slightly frowning brows. JiDan chuckled as he placed his hand up to his brows to massage it gently. He wanted to smooth out the worry that his mother is feeling right now.

Sensing the massage, Lang Yuan somehow reacted and the frown on his brows was erased. The young dragon hummed in satisfaction as next tucked the loose strands of hair back to the sides of his ears. JiDan busied himself grooming Lang Yuan as if this person can only be beautiful. He gave his mother a peck on the forehead showing his love and content.

After seeing the clean face, he proceeded on fixing his mother's clothes. He straightened the crumpled parts and patted off the dusts on the sides. Just then, JiDan noticed the blood-soaked sleeves of his mother and suddenly felt dread. Like a lost child, he searched for his mother's injury, or if there is any small wounds on his skin.

This color... this color left a deep impression to JiDan. He thinks that this color did not fit his mother's image at all. For Lang Yuan, light colored clothes and the pastel combination are good enough to highlight his calm and tame demeanor. However, adding red to his translucent white skin added a hint of temptation, destroying the innocent personality that he originally have.

Though, the emperor seems to like seeing Lang Yuan wear red ah!

One reason for JiDan to hate it again.

Though, that is not the main point why he disliked this color. The red hue highly resembled the color of blood – the darker it is, the greater the horror. JiDan didn't want to see this color to stick on Lang Yuan. He had seen what damage it caused to his heart so he will never allow such color to exist.

Even though Lang Yuan's irises are said to be both red...

[Someday, Lang Yuan will return to his world and you will be left alone...]

Children are susceptible to nightmares more often and JiDan is not excused to this form of torment. The greatest torture that he received and he will never forget it for the rest of his life is when he witnessed the fake death of Lang Yuan. Since that day, his nights are always been sleepless especially when Lang Yuan is not resting on his side.

It gives him a very bad premonition – as if the possibility of this future will happen. This left a very bad taste to his heart causing distress that cracked his mighty defense. The moment his heart wavered from the emotion, the demons that everyone has on the deepest part of their individuality quickly rushed in to destroy him. This planted the scary thoughts that kept on haunting him on his sleep.