10.10 A Song To Your Heart

Lang Yuan diligently practiced his zither. Plucking the strings with intense interest, he decided to convert a few songs from his Earth to this world, somehow making the servants watch the youth in awe. Only a few people have the ability to compose a song. That is because the tone is almost similar and writing a whole music sheet is really tedious job.

While he was busy with his practice, a shadow suddenly covered the whole place in a dark. The servants who are guarding the youth suddenly had their minds black, their eyes losing the glint of consciousness as they slowly lowered their heads and turned around to leave. Lang Yuan noticed the sudden change of their action and halted.

"What's wrong?" Lang Yuan asked.

Suddenly, a huge hand covered his eyes. Lang Yuan jerked, pushing the zither away causing it to fall in the ground with a bang. The ear splitting sound echoed inside the room for a while before silence came again. The only thing that could be heard would be Lang Yuan's fast breathing and his heartbeat.

Who is this person covering his eyes?

"Your guard is always thin as always. If you remain careless, I could have snatched you out from here," the familiar voice said.

Lang Yuan heaved a sigh as his tenses lowered. He only knows two persons who owned that voice: One is from the Emperor and the other is from the black masked man. Zhen chuckled and removed his hands from the youth. JiDan looked at him with an annoyed eyes, his cheeks puffed like a squirrel.

"Cute," Zhen teased.

"What are you doing here?" Lang Yuan asked, gathering the fallen zither back to its place. "Having a lot of free time?"

"Well, what reason could I have? I'm a free spirit. I always have a lot of free time," Zhen proudly said. He sat cross-legged across Lang Yuan. "Play something for me."

"I'm only playing for the emperor," Lang Yuan harrumphed.

Zhen shrugged his shoulders and muttered, "Still the same, nothing different."

Lang Yuan ignored Zhen and continued his practice. This time, he hit it with the basic tunes from the basic nursery rhymes. Zhen listened to the notes, watching the youth immersed with the music. Lang Yuan isn't really a music type of person but no one can just simply resist music. If ever anyone has the talent to play and sing, he could bet that everyone would become singers and musicians.

Nobody talked between the two. They let the music from the zither fill the silence of the two unspeaking men. Lang Yuan did not stop playing until he managed to repeatedly play more than twenty rhymes. He only stopped when he felt his own fingers sore. Zhen snatched his hands to look at the reddish tips of his fingers.

"You play good." Zhen said while massaging Lang Yuan's hand. "But your hands are kind of manly."

"What did you expect? I'm a man," Lang Yuan pulled his hand back but was unable to. Zhen held on his hand tightly, measuring the size of Lang Yuan's with his. The black masked man smiled in comparison.

"Yet so small ah," Zhen chuckled.

"Yours are just big," Lang Yuan rolled his eyes. "Give me my hand back."

"Take it from me," Zhen said with a smug. He filled the spaces between the fingers of Lang Yuan with his and locked  it. Now, no matter how Lang Yuan pull his hand back, he can't because Zhen is holding tightly.

"I can't. Let go," he complained.

Zhen only shrugged his shoulders. Lang Yuan did not give up and used a lot of force to pull his hand when Zhen suddenly lightens his force and let his body be pulled all over. The black masked man toppled over Lang Yuan, crushing the small youth under his weight.