6.7 The Empress's Rite

As for now, Lang Yuan wanted to take his time. With JiDan out of the way and the emperor who did not even visit him once after the accident, Lang Yuan has nothing to do than to lie down on the bed. And as a working person like his self, Lang Yuan didn't want to be idle and fled out from the room. Zhong Song is still in the court finishing his job before applying a leave to teach Lang Yuan some lessons.

The adorable human roamed around his room. This is his first time seeing his room. There are two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room with an artificial pond in the middle. He gazed at the fishes for a while wondering how the people in this time constructed the architecture. He has seen some of the modern designs from architectures online. He never thought that he would see the same concept in this ancient world.

After playing with the fishes, he got bored and went out. The shadow guards tailed him behind travelling through the dark corners of the palace. The maids and eunuchs who met him would bow in respect while examining the beauty of the said man. Lang Yuan is not wearing the grand robes the emperor placed on his wardrobe. Rather, he chooses the dull looking robes meant for men, not the exquisite robes of the females.

What is the emperor thinking ba? He is a man, A MAN!

His image somehow showed a different allure from before. He looks more young and carefree in this image that makes everyone cancel their walls and warmly greet him. Lang Yuan also does the same and greets everyone openly. After all the trouble he has been through, he is slowly making his self gets accustomed with people knowing that he will be doing the same in front of a huge crowd. What's wrong with practicing it with a few individuals? This not only helps him manage his social anxiety, he can also gather the heartstrings of people.

Nobody showed Lang Yuan the palace so he got a bit lost. The only places that he knows are the emperor's throne and the way towards the Western Palace. The way going to his room is somewhat still puzzling so he took time going round and round. Thanks to that one shadow guard that pretended as a royal guard did he managed to get back on track.

His latest destination is towards the Western Palace. He created a ruckus the other day. Somehow, he felt guilty and wanted to apologize to the Empress Dowager. A maid saw him coming and approached Lang Yuan. As for men is not allowed in the western palace, and so as Lang Yuan.

"This servant wanted to know if the empress candidate wanted to enter the Western Palace?" The maid asked.

"Um... If the Empress Dowager is free... can I?" Lang Yuan answered.

"The Empress Dowager is currently..."

A eunuch reported to the Empress Dowager about Lang Yuan. Currently, Lady Kang is having a talk with the first concubine Lou MuLan. When the Lady heard about the news, she told the eunuch to let Lang Yuan enter. Lou MuLan wanted to excuse herself but the Dowager told her to stay. A few minutes later and a refreshingly looking youth entered the hall.

Surprised, both women watched Lang Yuan as he paced towards them. They already know that the empress candidate is a man. They just never thought that Lang Yuan could still look majestic despite the dull clothes. Different from yesterday's image, Lang Yuan bowed with cupping his hands in front of the ladies. He was exuding a sincere aura with a hint of naivety.

Lang Yuan raised his head and saw Lady Kang smiling warmly. Across the low table would be the Lou MuLan that Zhong Song told him about. He bowed once again with a bit of awkwardness. He remembered Lou MuLan pointing a sword to his neck. He touched his neck still feeling the eerie sharpness passing through it. Lou MuLan showed no reaction and only nodded slightly.