9.7 EXTRA CHAPTER VIII

Kun Shao can still remember the first time they met.

Zhong Song is still so little at that time. He was silent and curious, different from the usual temperament of a normal dragon. He is always beside Yu XueQin, holding his older brother's sleeves and following him wherever he goes. The half-breed didn't talk until a few hundred years. He will just observe people and look at them interestingly.

Kun Shao, who is already a thousand years old adult, watched the small child. It was only once while he was attending the Daily Morning court meetings. Probably, it was during that time when Yu XueQin was assigned for the crowned prince title. And also the time the old emperor gave him the pardon of finally leaving his position to the younger generation. He remained inside the palace as a gardener and secluded himself for a hundred more years.

Their second meeting is just a mere coincidence. A teenager suddenly managed to get pass the array of his garden. Kun Shao is cultivating some herbs that time and was surprised to see a guy full of scratches, dirt, and leaves. They both stared at each other, eye to eye, before Zhong Song hurriedly jumped out and ran as fast as he can. Kun Shao is left with a very confused expression.

Well, they didn't meet again afterwards. Kun Shao heard about Zhong Song's promotion as the imperial scholar. The curiosity and intelligence of the humans are part of Zhong Song's traits that's why his approach to knowledge is different. His name spread over the kingdom, to the lower realms, to the other realms - Zhong Song is the evidence of a half-blood earning a respectable title.

Kun Shao hummed as he happily tended the garden. That boy that always shows different faces whenever they met, he wondered when he would meet again. He only asked it absentmindedly, unknowing that for the next few hours he will be dragged out from his seclusion.

Zhong Song was assigned to become Lang Yuan's tutor. As a person who only knows how to write, read, and count, flower arranging is something unimaginable. He wanted to ask some help from the maidens but it seems that the harem is holding a few members on their team not allowing anyone to help Lang Yuan. He went to ask the imperial gardeners but it seems that they are also busy for the decorations.

He took a manual of flower arrangements but it doesn't make any sense. That's when he remembered about this young looking guy living on the secret garden inside the palace. He searched for that garden, recalling the arrays that person placed, and found the thick foliage covering a huge wall. The adult Zhong Song only needed a minute to grab the poor hermit out without asking any permission.

A lot of things happened after that, and now Kun Shao is having a drinking contest with Zhong Song on his lawn. Jars of liquor are placed on the table with cups for drinking. Kun Shao isn't really the type to get easily drunk, but Zhong Song is already whining like a drunk man after drinking a few cups.

"I really wished that my brother will get married as soon as possible," Zhong Song said seriously.

"Eh?" Kun Shao is holding a jar up filling his cup. Zhong Song saw it and also showed his cup to be filled. Kun Shao wanted to stop the young man from drinking but the Scholar insisted. Zhong Song happily received his cup and drank it in one go.

"What do you think? My student Lang is already a perfect candidate, I could not wish for more! I always wanted to have a smart sister-in-law. We can talk about stuffs every time," he beamed.

The first time he met Lang Yuan, Zhong Song already gave his blessings. Lang Yuan is kind and pure. He holds no malice, his eyes reflecting the goodness of his heart. Despite being clumsy, the youth is skilled and funny, making him laugh all the time.

"Also, he already gave birth to my favorite nephew, JiDan. They should get married tomorrow ah!"

If he has the power, Zhong Song will really prepare the wedding. He's already excited when he heard his brother getting married from the human realm. He immediately transferred, wanting to see the new family member. If only the concubines did not intervene, they could have a lot of small kids running inside the palace right now.