13.1 The Service, Fluff, and Steam

Lang Yuan was surprised when the emperor suddenly gave him the freedom to roam around. Well, it's not really 'giving him freedom' but "ordering" him to play around and have some fun. He was suspicious by this sudden notion wondering if the emperor got sick. He was a bit hesitant to accept and argued to remain resting on his room. But would the emperor let him do it?

After a few words, Lang Yuan was actually kicked out from his room. After the emperor made his verdict, the servants quickly dressed the empress. Since Lang Yuan is male it is pretty obvious that his clothes would also be the same. However, he noticed the 'simplicity' of his clothes. It wasn't trimmed with gold but the fabric is still pretty high class. A peony was embroidered on the white cloth with a few waves of clouds beautifully mixed.

His hair that usually tied in a pony tail was also changed. The servants are pretty nimble, combing and braiding his hair shorter, draping the wonderful auburn like a waterfall on his back. The beautiful weaving-like pattern made the straight hair surreal as if the hair is really imitating a waterfall. The servants added a few pins here and there, decorating his hair in a simple yet majestic manner.

After giving the Empress a makeover, the servants kicked their young master out. Lang Yuan was surprised when he was suddenly out of his room and rushed back to pound on the door. He goes 'bam bam bam!' but the door is sturdy and the servants made sure to lock it very tight. Lang Yuan, with no hope of return, admitted defeat. He helplessly turned around to wander away from the 'ruthless' people.

Lang Yuan does not hate going out but he prefer staying on his room. He still has his anxiety problems and it can't be cured that easily even if he made a few public performances. In all of those occasion, Lang Yuan is really stressed out. He made a lot of preparations just to calm his self. It takes a lot of effort to have the strength of facing people despite his anxiety. If possible, he would avoid getting out of trouble and stay on a place where he is comfortable.

He's not performing anything or doing any errands so Lang Yuan is planning to spend his days on his room. He just never thought that the day would come when Yu XueQin would 'order' him out. He's grateful with the freedom but it would be very lonely if he will just do it alone. He heard that JiDan is busy so the little bun can't accompany him.

He heaved another deep sigh.

"That's rather deep. What are you thinking?"

Lang Yuan was surprised when a shadow suddenly loomed over him. He first look down at the floor and saw two familiar boots standing. His eyes then slowly trailed upwards, checking the normal looking clothes first before reaching up. He was registering the face of the taller man in front of him. He stared at the young face with a frown recognizing the image yet unable to tell his identity. Lang Yuan detected the familiarity but he could not place a finger over it.

The taller man saw the confusion of the youth and smiled.

"You already forgot about me?" The man asked.

That voice... Lang Yuan widened his eyes as he slowly returned his look to the man. Aside from the color of the irises that differentiates his image to his son, this one is like a replica of JiDan but without the baby fats and a bit more mature. The golden irises watched him intently, using the language of eyes to speak. Lang Yuan will surely not believe it but he remembered the reason JiDan suddenly shoot up overnight.

The stronger the cultivation, the greater the ability of the cultivator. Since Yu XueQin is the emperor and has the highest cultivation of the realm, there's no wonder that he could also change his appearance. The emperor is already a few thousand years old but he still managed a middle age look. His appearance ranges from ages twenty-five to thirty to which is enough to not look very young and very old.