11.8 EXTRA CHAPTER XI

"No!"

For the first time, Lang Yuan never thought that JiDan will reject him, not in his whole life. Yet, the little dragon said those words very clearly. Lang Yuan stared at JiDan with hollowed eyes wanting to know the meaning of life. While JiDan is standing before him with crossed arms and high nose, looking like a spoiled second rich generation.

Yu XueQin just finished his court meeting and decided to take a break for a while. Rather than staying inside his room to drink tea alone, he strolled around to visit his Empress. After all, now that they are married, he has more reasons to meet the youth. Though, when he visited the quarters of the Empress, what he saw is Lang Yuan mourning on the side gloomily while gradually transforming into a mushroom.

"What is happening here?" Yu XueQin ordered the shadow guards to always watch the Empress. If they did not alarm him then Lang Yuan is gloomy due to something.

Lang Yuan heard the voice of the emperor and turned around. Usually, he was restrained around the emperor. But now, due to JiDan's sudden rejection, he could not help but to run towards the emperor and wail his frustrations. Yu XueQin accepted the youth and pulled him into his embrace.

"What's wrong?" The emperor asked.

"Ji-ji!" Lang Yuan cried. "My little Ji-ji rejected me!"

"Hmmm?" Yu XueQin looked over the corner where JiDan is standing erect with both arms crossed. Earlier, he was just teasing Lang Yuan. He might be giving an air of rejection but it was an adorable approach. Now that he had seen his father, the adorable glare becomes hostile sending daggers to Yu XueQin.

Yu XueQin ignored the little dragon and looked down to the wailing human. He caressed his hair and cupped his chin up. "What seems to be the problem?"

"JiDan has been playing on the pond again and became dirty. I'm here to give him a bath when he said that he don't want it!" Lang Yuan looked so pitiful with his tear-filled eyes. "He said NO to me. He no longer wanted me."

For a parent who always receives a positive response from his dearest children, just a simple no and it made Lang Yuan's heart break. He thought that his son is now starting to rebel, becoming a brat that hates to interact with his parents. This made Lang Yuan feels very horrible, wondering where he could have gone wrong.

Well, you can't really blame JiDan. After all, both Yu XueQin and Lang Yuan tricked their son. Imagine that the person whom you loved the most unconditionally suddenly died? And then later you realized that it was just a play to pull a certain person that is playing the strings. This can be an effective method to bust someone but this created a trauma inside JiDan.

Never in his life that he thought that he will be seeing the death of his own mother. So what do you think the little dragon do?

JiDan rarely sulk in front of Lang Yuan. Usually, he only shows all of his good sides towards his mother. He would smile plenty and laugh plenty, telling jokes to Lang Yuan while showing how capable he was. It is as if he was painting his personality with wonderful colors that the moment Lang Yuan sees him, that person could only smile and praises him.

Yet, he's not even scared to show his disgust in front of Yu XueQin. When the emperor comes, JiDan changes his attitude almost sarcastically starting a conversation as if his father is a shit. Well, JiDan never went overboard because Yu XueQin is still his kin and blood. But the displeasure of having his mother taken away from him made him feel sour.

Now, what JIDan wanted is his mother to apologize. If Lang Yuan would say a single sorry, JiDan will quickly forgive his mother because he really loves him so much. Then later, he imagined that now that they reconciled they should really eat something sweet and good. He will bribe his gentle mother to cook some foreign food and they will spend the whole afternoon together - while crossing the image of Yu XueQin from the family picture.