Plans

You and the doctor appeared back where Yaz, Graham and Ryan were, back in that cell place. You turned to the doctor, crossing your arms and raising an eyebrow. The others all created the two of you again happily.

"Erm, Doctor. Did we just escape those serial killer aliens to end up back in their cell?" You asked.

"Well it won't take a jiffy. I'll just reverse this teleport too and we should end up back-" the doctor stopped talking and the bright white light shone around you again as you sighed, waiting to be transported.

"To the computer music room!" The doctor squealed bubbly.

"I'm really getting teleport sick" you sighed, your hands collapsing onto your knees, gasping for some long needed air.

"Well, we should quickly decode this music and head back to those phlox and stop them" the doctor rambled, turning to the computers and continuing to decode.

"Erm...confused, anyone else confused?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah" Yaz replied.

"I don't even know anymore" Graham sighed.

"Oh, the creatures who kidnapped us are called the phlox. They want to move those huge floating boulders so they collapse across the face of this planet and kill all life. They tried to get us to join them, we said no. The music is important somehow so here we are" you explained, sitting back down, crossing your legs and resting your chin on your hands, staring at the doctor.

The three companions looked at you. Then at the doctor surprised and worried. She continued to work as you observed her at work.

"There's no more neural shocks I've scanned" the doctor said nonchalantly, continuing to work.

You closed your eyes, taking in the music. It was definitely a strange piece but nonetheless it was beautiful. It calmed the nerves that built up after that not so pleasant alien encounter.

Some time passed by and the doctor had finally finished with the piece "Okay, here" the doctor said, sitting on the floor with the four of you who were also sitting on the floor now.

"What does it say?" Ryan asked.

"We used to be one of them. But when we were deemed not good enough for their society they took us, rounding us up like animals. They experimented on us and made us into the monsters we are now. Even gave us the name of phlox, not even considered the same species anymore. We were never good enough for them. For generations we've lived in these mountains in pain and left forgotten like outsiders. I understand the pain my fellow brothers and sisters feel. But they intend on punishing the younger generations that live out there now by destroying all life. I hate those creatures who did this to us. But i don't want to kill them. If anyone finds this message, you are cleaver enough to spot it and decode it. Maybe you can stop my beloved kind from committing such a murderous act. I am considered an outsider and am probably never going to be welcomed back home for not wanting to kill those disgusting animals out there. I may not make it so I leave this message and task in your hands cleaver soul. Please, stop them. Don't let my kind be known for murder" the doctor read the decoded message.

You swallowed hard, feeling your blood run cold as you took in the new information. You looked around you and saw the others with a just as horrified face.

"So...that scream we heard was...her" you asked, looking at the paper in the doctors hand then back at the blond woman.

"I believe so. But the thing is..it says this happened generations ago. Those people out there are innocent. They've done nothing. I doubt they even know about them" the doctor said, getting up.

You stood up too along with the others. The doctor pacing a little when a thought crossed your mind, making your stomach knot and a lump form in your throat.

"Erm...Doctor...those phlox people, they set off the neural shock exactly when we were all close enough yeah" You said, looking cautiously around the room.

"Yes, I've explained why, to get us all-" you cut her off before she started rambling.

"No...I mean the phlox knew when we were all close enough. Meaning they could see us. Meaning....they're probably watching us right now" you said, looking around the room for anything resembling a camera.

The doctor stopped pacing and stared at you.

"Good point! That's a very...good point. They're probably watching us right now. But then why not attack us or something? Stop us from finding out what this music was trying to tell us? Maybe because they still believe we're making our minds up about joining them" the doctor questioned herself, having a conversation with herself before turning to look up at the walls and shouted "Well, we already told you! The answer is NO! It will always be no!" She shouted.

"What do we do then? How do we stop them?" Yaz questioned.

"Well, I need to explain to them that the people out there are innocent. Maybe they'll reconsider. But I have to try and talk to them" the doctor said, fiddling with her sonic.

"What about us?" Ryan asked.

"Ryan, Graham, Yaz, go back to the hotel. Try and evacuate the place and get as many people you can to safety, just in case the explosion does go off - which it won't, but best be safe. (Y/n), seeing as they want both you and me you're coming with me" the doctor said.

She started handing Graham her psych paper before holding onto your arm. You sighed, closing your eyes and getting ready for the teleport. You saw Ryan, Graham and Yaz run off out of the cave before giving the doctor a glance. She returned it with a reassuring smile.

"I don't see why they want me?" You asked, looking down and holding onto the doctor with a tight grip, getting ready for the teleport.

"Because your amazing (y/n) (l/n)" the doctor replied.

You huffed, looking at your feet.

"No I mean it! You were the one who noticed all these small details. You even overcame your fear and confronted the phlox even though you were terrified" she smiled.

"Well...threatening me with pain isn't the best tactic. Whatever they try to do to make me feel pain has most likely already been done to me at some point in my life, whether it be self harm or harm caused by others" you stated, shrugging your shoulders and relaxing your grip on the doctor a little.

You felt the doctor tense a little at this comment. After she's stared at you for a good minute after that statement she pointed her sonic at the roof.

Then you felt the horrible white light fill around you and the doctor and for what felt like the millionth time today, you were transported to a completely different place.