Creature

You continued walking with the doctor and the creatures clicking at each other. You couldn't help but snigger occasionally. It was really weird seeing the doctor make clicking noises.

The creatures led you to a building which looked a little out of place as it was just in the middle of the greenery and there was no other infrastructure around. It was tall, like a tower or a spire which was pointy at the top.

You all stepped inside and followed through several different corridors. You smiled as you looked at the walls. They seemed to be made of glass or a crystal of some sort. It was purely beautiful. Earth was so boring and to think you spent nine years stuck on that planet saddened your heart.

You were so deep in your thoughts you kind of missed the next turning and ended up walking slap bang into the wall. You stood a little stunned for a moment as you heard Ryan snigger begind you.

"You alright there (y/n)?" He smiled, walking past you and around the corner.

You walked ahead too, shaking your head.

"Yeah. I just need to watch where I'm going" you mumbled, rubbing your cheek that hit the wall.

You all stopped at a door and the two of the creatures stepped in, allowing you all to walk in after them. In front of you was a red creature, looking like a giant spider of some sort with a longer body and and a big head and neck. You took a deep breath, watching as it's black eyes stared at you all. It didn't seem to be moving or anything. It just sat there and...watched.

"Hello" The doctor said softly, like she always did when greeting a new alien.

You missed how she spoke calmly and lovingly with all the different creatures on your adventures. It was so weird to be around aliens again.

"My name's the doctor. These are my friends. Yaz, Graham, Ryan and (y/n). I'm here to talk" The doctor smiled as she moved closer.

The creature seemed to hiss at the doctor, crawling back a little. This made the doctor stop moving, holding her hand out in front of her, trying to calm it down.

"What's your name?" She asked in a calming voice.

It seemed to hesitate before it looked around, stopping at you. You didn't know why it was staring at you but to be honest it didn't phase you, it intrigued you.

"You.... are in pain..." it spoke.

You stared at it in shock. Did it mean emotionally? It couldn't know could it..about the new bruises you'd only gained a few hours ago from your boyfriend. Even emotional pain..how could it know. You didn't tell anyone about it. You thought you were good at hiding your pain. Physical and emotional. You were already in pain from the bruises which had most likely fully formed but you were hiding it well.

"I..I don't know what you're talking about.." you stuttered, folding your arms over your chest in discomfort.

The doctor turned around to you, giving you a concerned look. You looked at her, shrugging your shoulders.

"I'm fine" you told the doctor. "I mean I totally didn't walk into the wall just now ...."

Ryan grinned. But your excuse made the creature laugh, staring at you. You swallowed, feeling really uneasy now.

"You think you can hide it forever don't you" it smirked.

"Mate I don't know what you're talking about" you replied a little more sternly.

It laughed again, turning back to the doctor. She continued staring at you, trying to scan over your body to find any signs of pain. You'd worn clothes which basically covered you head to toe so that wasn't easy for the doctor to find. She reluctantly turned back around, watching the creature.

"What do you want? What are you doing here?" The doctor asked the creature.

It simply sat there, smiling at the doctor. She seemed to be confused until she suddenly stood a little straighter and her body stiffened.

"Doctor...." Yaz asked nervously as the doctor started to pace.

"Ooohhh. Oooohh ohhhh" The doctor breathed as she jumped up and down.

You all watched as she jumped up and down, sticking her finger in the air. She quickly moved to one of the walls, placing her ear on it and gently pressing her hands against the walls.

"Ooohhh" The doctor stretched, seemingly understanding everything happening.

"What is it?" Graham asked, stepping a little further away from the walls.

She turned around, staring at the creature before she crouched down next to it.

"This building is being used as a beacon used to send some sort of signal to your spaceship isn't it" the doctor said, using her sonic to scan the creature then the walls.

"Why's it sending a signal?" Ryan asked, "What for?"

"Why don't you tell us?" The doctor turned to the creature, raising a brow.

It smiled, staring right back at her.

"I shall make all your pain go away" it spoke again, staring at you.

You sighed, rubbing your fingers on your forehead.

"What the heck does that even mean?" You asked annoyed.

It continued to stare, smirking.

"Right, you're actually scaring me now" you muttered.

"We shall take your fear away too" it spoke.

Your head snapped towards it now. You were curious. If it could take away your fear and your pain surely that was a good thing. It was the only hope you'd been given for a long time to get rid of your suffering. But something made you think otherwise.

"How?" You asked it, giving it a suspicious glare.

It grinned at you, staring right back. The doctor was watching you with more worry and concern now. She stood up and walked over to you, trying to scan over you again but to find nothing. She stood in front of you, her lips pressed together in worry. She reached out her arms to place on your shoulders to which you instantly flinched and backed away.

"Whoa Doctor..." you said quickly, shaking a little, your heart beat through the roof "...stop..." you said, trying to control your breathing.

"(Y/n) please tell me what's going on. Are you in pain? Where does it hurt? What happened?" The doctor asked, holding up her hands in surrender and stepping back for your shaking body to calm you down.

"..I'm good..." you whispered between your deep breaths.

"We shall take away all fear and pain...." the creature said, making the doctor turn back around to it "....by removing all life"