Slaves

You woke up with a low groan, slowly blinking your eyes open. The doctor was sat next to you with a worried look on her face. You coughed a little, trying to sit up properly. You looked around, seeing that you were in a completely different place than before. It looked like you were in some sort of coal mine tunnel. And your arm had completely scabbed over, letting you know you were out for a while.

"There are no severe injuries I've checked" the doctor said nonchalantly.

"Doctor..." your voice cracked a little as you fully awoke. "Where are we?" You asked, looking around.

"No idea. But we wouldn't be here at all if you didn't wander off all the time!" The doctor scorned.

You snapped your head towards her angry and frustrated expression. You swallowed down the guilt, knowing that this time it really was your fault.

"How long have I been out?" You asked trying to change the subject.

"Since I've woken up, about twenty minutes. But not sure about how long I've been out myself" she replied coldly and harshly.

You looked around, trying to see more. You sat up straighter, only to be pulled back by restraints on your wrists. You looked over and saw chains in the doctor's arms too.

"Can we...get out of these" you asked, pulling the chains a little, only for them to dig further into your skin.

You hissed a little, instantly stopping your movements. The chains were out on a little too tightly on your fragile skin. The doctor huffed at you, not looking you in the eyes.

"They've taken my sonic" she replied through gritted teeth.

You sighed, looking around you again. It was quite dark down where you were and you couldn't really see much through the corridors.

"Do you realise what wandering off does!" The doctor said sharply.

You looked over to her, opening your mouth to argue back. However she turned her head to face yours, and you could practically see the words in her brain as she prepared her lecture.

"I have no way of making sure Graham, Ryan and...Yaz..are alright" She quivered a little in dread at Yaz's name.

You looked down, gulping again. Your heart tugged a little, knowing that you were the cause. It wasn't supposed to happen like this though. And you hated it every time when the doctor held a grudge with you and that was becoming increasingly frequent.

"Why don't you ever listen" She seethed through her teeth.

"I'm sorry" you whispered so quietly you didn't even know if she heard you.

The doctor's time lord hearing however once again picked up on your whisper. And she was not so loving towards it either.

"Sorry doesn't get us out of here!" She shouted at you.

You scoffed, pulling on the chains to cross your arms, only for them to be tied in place.

"Shouting at me isn't exactly helping either doctor!" You raised your voice at her.

"Well I'm really at a loss of what to do with you! You drink too much you're probably going to kill yourself and you wander off every time like it's nothing and look where it got you! Not just this time, but every time you wandered off! I'm worried you're going to end up dead!" She shouted. "Do you know what I'm actually glad I banned you from going on walks! No more walks for you or wandering off!"

"Don't treat me like a child! And in case you didn't notice, nine years I was left to fend for myself! I'm not sixteen anymore I'm twenty five! And you say you worry about me! You left me alone! And just in case you wanted to know, I didn't mean for this to happen!" You screamed.

"If you didn't wander off it wouldn't have happened!" She screamed back. "And don't use the nine year thing on me, you wanted to leave! And that whole situation happened on that day why? Oh yes! Because you wandered off!"

By this point your blood was boiling with anger and frustration. God did she have any idea what nine years alone did to you. You clenched your teeth and hands into fists. You could feel your nails digging into the palms of your hands and ten bloody crescent moons dripped. You turned away from her, as did she.

"That's enough arguing!" You heard a deep voice echo through the  tunnels.

You turned your head in the direction, seeing the two furry brown aliens you saw earlier in the toilets. These were presumably the ones that kidnapped you and the doctor. They walked up to you, throwing some tools on the ground in front of you and the doctor.

"You two will start digging. Don't ask questions. Just get on with it! And don't think about escaping! There's no means of escape here" It snarled, walking away.

You raised a brow at them as they strutted off. You moved your legs over, trying to grab one of the hammers they'd given you. You pulled on your restraints, a soft grunt coming from the back of your throat as the metal dug deeper into your skin.

You managed to get a tool, lifting it to reach your hands. You took ahold of it, looking at the heavy object.

"What are we just their slaves now?" You scorned in anger.

"Well it's your fault we are" the doctor mumbled, grabbing the other hammer.

You rolled your eyes, not even looking over at her. You knew this wasn't the best situation to be in but you really didn't mean for it to be that way. You were only supposed to be checking to see if the knocking was coming from other mirrors too.

You held the hammer more firmly, hitting it against the wall in front of you, trying to dig as instructed. However you looked over and saw the doctor not digging at all.

"What are you doing?" You asked her, hitting the wall again.

Grit lifted up in plumes as you hit the wall, catching at the back of your throat and causing you to cough.

"I'm figuring out how to escape" she replied.