Making plans

The doctor, Graham and Missy were quite a bit ahead of you in the queue for food. You, Ryan and Yaz were at the back with your plates waiting. You felt like you were at school again waiting for food. And that wasn't exactly where you hoped to be casting your mind back to. School was a literal hell for you sometimes. And also the fact that there were a lot of people waiting made you extra cautious with not bumping shoulders or anything.

You found yourself staring at Missy's figure. She was conversing with the doctor and by the expression on Graham's face it was something timey wimey is that he didn't understand.

"So.." you heard Yaz say from behind you.

"So?" You turned around, raising a brow suspiciously at her.

"Missy" Ryan grinned.

"What about her?" You asked, really hoping they weren't going to bring up the whole crush thing.

You didn't have a crush on her. She just..was a very nice person.

"You're so into her" Yaz whispered with a grin.

"No I am not!" You protested, your cheeks heating up, turning to look at Missy.

"Yeah right" Ryan scoffed. "You keep staring at her" he stated, causing you to quickly look away from her.

"She's just a very nice person. In every way. Inside and out" you said.

"Hmm, sounds like you like her to me" Yaz smiled.

"I don't! I hardly know her" you said.

"Well then get to know her. Ask her questions about herself. Make conversation" Yaz said.

You scoffed, turning away. God maybe you were crushing!

You didn't dare look back at Yaz and Ryan's knowing eyes on you. And now that Missy has gone and taken a seat it was easier for you to get your mind off her.

You made your way to the table of food where one of the robots stood beside it. You shrugged, just putting a load of different foods in your plate. You took a whole full plate back with you. You were hungry.

You made your way back to the table, sitting on the round table the doctor, Graham and Missy were already sat at. You dig into your food pretty fast and couldn't help but love the food. Whoever did the cooking was an amazing chef. And soon enough, everyone was around the table.

"Did you notice the non existent vibrations?" The doctor asked Missy.

"Of course. This ship isn't moving" Missy said.

"Wait what?" Graham asked "but we're on a space ship"

"Yeah but there weren't any vibrations from any engines. We checked by putting our hands on the floor. No vibrations so this ship isn't moving. Does that mean it's just stuck in the middle of space?" You asked, looking to either Missy or the doctor for an answer.

"Well we'll have to find out. And we have to find out what the deal is with these robots. I have a feeling the people around here know something we don't." The doctor said, looking around at the rest of the humans sitting and eating.

"Shall we ask them about it?" Yaz asked, looking around.

"Probably. I'm not so sure they'll want to talk to us strangers though. Might ask questions about why they haven't seen us before" the doctor said.

"Then we just tell them we've been staying out of everyone's way and minding our own business and now we actually want to know what's going on" Missy shrugged. "Say we suddenly got nosey"

"The doctor is nosey" you stated.

The doctor gave you a very offended look. You shrugged, giving her a raised brow. Everyone else laughed a little at that, trying to hold back sniggers as the doctor gave everyone looks.

"I'm not nosey!" The doctor exclaimed defensively.

"Oh come on doctor don't deny it. I've lost count of the number of times you've just been standing at the doorway watching what I've been doing. It's actually quite unsettling." You said.

"I'm just curious and I'm making sure you're okay" The doctor replied.

You hummed a little in response, the rest of you continuing to eat in a comfortable silence. You looked around at everyone. Who looked like they were terrified of the robots. They definitely knew something you didn't. And if this was humanity in the further, Where was everyone?

"What do we do now then?" You asked.

"Yes we need to make plans. Well I say we stay put for now. Tomorrow at breakfast we'll go round asking questions. For now we should just do as we're told. Figure out how everything works here. The timetables and everything." The doctor told you.

"We're just going to do as you say then?" Missy asked.

"Yes! And you'll do as I say if you want to keep travelling. I need to know I can trust you" the doctor said in a serious tone.

"Okay jeez. Calm down" Missy said quickly, putting her hand up in mock surrender.

"So we're staying the night here?" You asked.

"Probably for a few days yes" the doctor said.

"But they have bunk beds here! Who has bunk beds?" You sighed.

"Bunk beds are awesome! It's a bed with a ladder!" The doctor smiled like a child.

You laughed a little, taking a sip of your water.

"Right then, we need to claim bunks then Missy. Are you a top or a bottom?" You asked.

You quickly realised what you just said and your face heated up to a flaming red colour. Ryan choked on his drink a little as Yaz gasped at your question, her mouth handing open and her eyes wide. You could see the doctor was trying to hold back a snigger.

"Oh god! I...I didn't mean it like that!" You quickly said, your face flaming.

"Like what?" Graham asked in his innocent, uncultured, old grandpa way.

Missy however was just smirking, raising a brow as she looked at you.

"Oh love I'm always a top, in every sense. My name is short for mistress" she smirked, getting up and walking away with her plate and heading towards the table of food.

You could feel your cheeks burning bright red as everyone except the confused Graham burst out into laughter. You placed your hands over your face, covering your eyes as you tried to hide away.

"When I said ask her questions I didn't think you'd be so forward" Yaz sniggered, causing Ryan to laugh even harder and your face to heat up even more.

"I didn't mean it like that" you said between your hands.

You were so embarrassed that you managed to say that. God you were going to be teased for the rest of your life!