Held close

It felt like forever, waiting behind the trees and bushes, not making a sound as all eyes were glued onto the pile of gemmed leaves. You sighed quietly, getting a little bored of the situation and you could see that the two men were also getting agitated and knew they were starting to think this was some joke. They still had guns and could quite easily shoot you all on the spot.

"Doctor. Are you sure it's going to come back" you whispered.

"I'm sure. We just have to wait. It'll come back once it thinks that it's been a while and the coast is clear. It won't come back until it's convinced it's been long enough for it to be off the hook" the doctor explained quietly.

You looked over and saw Graham eating one of his sandwiches that he carries around with him on every adventure. It took all your will power not to burst out laughing.

"Really Graham?!" You whispered, trying to hold back a laugh.

"I'm hungry! And we aren't exactly moving to get food any time soon" Graham protested, continuing to munch on his sandwich.

You smiled at him, knowing that he had a good policy of taking good with him. You sure did eat a lot yourself. Food is life! Plus if you ever get stuck somewhere you wouldn't want to starve to death.

You made a mentor note to yourself to always take some food with you next time. You looked over to the pile of gems and continued waiting until you all heard a twig snap. You all stood absolutely still, not making a sound as you scanned for any movement. The two yellow aliens had a firm grip on their guns but didn't lift them just yet.

Then you saw a person with a hidden black coat on, covering its face, heading towards the pile of gems. You couldn't help but clench your teeth as you saw him start to move closer to the pile, holding different gems up in the sun.

The doctor quickly hit the button and the person was held onto place and trapped by the force field. You all got up and walked towards the man, the two aliens behind you holding their guns up at him while the doctor moved ahead of you all towards the thief.

"Oi! You Mister have been caught stealing!" The doctor shouted

He stared at you all, pulling his hood down. He looked as though he was one of their own, a local to this area. He had the same features as the yellow skinned aliens on this planet.

"You! You are one of us! How could you do something like this!" Clop shouted, holding his gun at him.

He tried to run but the force field stopped hat pretty quickly. He sighed, turning to look at you again.

"Why! How could you do this!" Clop repeated.

He seemed to snarl as he stared at him.

"Do you know how much these are worth! Yet you're all so stupid that you leave them on the trees!" He shouted.

You sniggered "leave the leaves" you laughed.

You saw the glared coming from everyone and straightened up.

You cleared your throat "sorry" you muttered, knowing this really wasn't the time.

"I could be rich! You all could be. But you leave it to picking one day of the year! We could be rich!" He raved.

You frowned, looking at him in disgust.

"Why is everything about money with you. Can't you simply admire the beauty of this planet. There's a wonder in the gems of this planet, a mystery and an artistry and charm in them. But you can only have the privilege of seeing it once you stop looking for the worth of the riches we roam." The doctor told him.

The man didn't seem to move as he simply looked down at his feet. You smiled at the doctor's words. She never lost her touch.

"We shall take him from now. Thank you doctor, for helping us capture him" Plu said.

The doctor nodded as she disabled the force fields and the Plu held the thief firmly. Clop went over to the pile and picked up a scarlet red stone with silver swirls through it. It was about the size of a conker. He walked over and handed it to the doctor.

"A token of our thanks" clop smiled as the doctor took it.

"Thank you. This is... thank you" The doctor smiled as she looked at the beautiful gem.

She turned around to you all, smiling.

"Right. We'd best be off and head back to the TARDIS you lot" the doctor smiled.

You all said your goodbyes and we're headed off to the TARDIS. The walk was pretty quiet and the silence between you all was a comfortable one.

You reached the TARDIS and you, Graham and Ryan walked on, standing beside the TARDIS. You were taking in the view of the place one last time before you left and saw The doctor holding Yaz up.

"What is it doctor?" Yaz asked her with a smile on her face.

"Yaz...I nearly lost you today..." the doctor said, her face falling slightly.

"Doctor it's fine really." Yaz smiled.

"That's not what I mean. What I mean is, I realised that I can't keep waiting to tell you things because I'm too scared because one day...that chance will be gone. And I'll never have had the chance to tell you that..." the doctor stopped, taking a deep breath as she held both of Yaz's hands in hers "that I love you" she said quietly.

You could see Yaz smiling and her blush was obvious from a mile off. She stepped closer to the doctor, gripping her hands tightly.

"I love you too" she said back.

The doctor looked up and into her golden brown eyes as Yaz gazed into her hazel swirls. The doctor smiled as did Yaz. She let go of one of Yaz's hands as she reached in her pockets. She pulled out the red gem stone she was given and lifted Yaz's hand, giving it to her.

"To remember this day" she whispered.

Yaz stared at it, her mouth hanging open as she stared at it. The red stone glistened with the silver swirls in them. She gasped, looking at the doctor. And at that very moment you all felt a refreshing breeze brush past you all. And it was then when you all heard the wonderful chimes of the trees.

You all looked up at the ruffling stones, clinging and hitting. The tunes hit together into a melody and you could hear a whistling singing. It was utterly magical. You were all in utter awe. The doctor looked at Yaz, leaning in closer.

"There's a tradition on this planet." The doctor whispered in the breeze, staring deep into Yaz's eyes "that if you find yourself in the rare breezes, you share a kiss"

Yaz smiled, leaning in a little closer.

"May we?" Yaz asked.

"I'd love to" The doctor smiled.

The doctor moved her hands to her hips as Yaz's hands wrapped around her neck. The doctor held her close, as if to say she would never let go again and put her in danger. They leaned in, their heads tilting opposite directions as their eyes fluttered closed. Their lips met and moulded together as they shared this wonderful moment in the rare breeze and jingling melody and harmonious singing. Yaz's hands reached the doctor's short blond strands as they savoured this moment. There was no where else in the universe they'd rather be. Sharing this moment.

You smiled, looking over at Ryan.

"You owe me a tenner"