Cliff edge

You ran so fast. Your heart was hurting and you weren't sure if it was from running or if it was from the emotional pain you were feeling. Your whole body hurt. You just wanted this to end. Everything that you think is good for you, anything that finally makes you happy always gets taken away! You should never get your hopes up, because they always end up hurting you. Always.

You ran so fast, away from the house, away from them. You couldn't do this anymore. And you knew what you needed to do, you knew where to go to do it. To finally be at peace from all the shouting, from all the pain.

You were gasping for air and your limbs and lungs were burning as you ran fast. But you didn't dare stop. You didn't care about the pain. The pain was the only thing that was even remotely distracting you from the argument that you were sure was still going on at the house.

You made your way up the river the way you knew. Then you ran through the forest, never once stopping for a breath. The pain only got worse. But you needed more. God you needed so much more pain to distract you from what you were thinking.

You saw the cliff which was really far away. That was where you needed to go. To the cliff edge, the really high cliff edge. You tripped over your feet as you were running and landed flat on your face. You groaned but you didn't have the energy to get back up and continue running. Now that you'd stopped you could feel the muscles spasms and burning as you took really deep breaths to regain some oxygen.

You were just lying on the ground, curled up in a ball as you gave in to the sinking feeling. This was too much. You needed to get to the cliff but now it wasn't just your mind against you, it was your body as well. You physically could not get there, even if you did get up.

You started to feel really strong shaking and a large shadow appeared over your body. You looked up and saw another giant standing over your body, and she was looking down at you in concern.

"Is everything okay? You look upset" she said.

"I wanted to get to the top of the cliff. It's too far away" you said.

"I can give you a lift if you need. The views up there are spectacular. Come on, up you get" She smiled, holding out her hand.

"You're really small" she giggled.

"Yeah.." you mumbled not really in the mood for talking which she was okay with.

You didn't understand how everyone here was so nice. You didn't think about it too much though as you got up and quickly climbed onto her hand. She held you as she started running towards the cliff. With her long legs she got there really quickly too. She even took you to the top and you were satisfied with how high it was up there.

"Can you put me down now please" you said.

She nodded and put you down. You looked up at her and sighed heavily.

"Do you mind leaving me alone for a few minutes" you said.

"Of course. Just be careful, you could fall off the cliff edge" she said and she walked away.

"That's what I intend to do" you said quietly, walking right up at the edge so the top of your shoes were poking off the edge.

You sighed, feeling the emotion in your throat. Everything was so fucked up and it was always your fault. You didn't mean for this to happen. And for Missy to get dragged into it all as well was just cruel. And it made the pain unbearable.

You quietly sat down on the ground, dangling your feet off the cliff edge. You looked out at the view and couldn't believe that this was a place that brought you so much joy and happiness but also that enjoyment brought you so much pain. You took a shaky breath, nodding your head as you looked out to the beautiful world. If there was a place to do it it was here. In a beautiful and happy place. You wanted your last moments to be in a place like this. A peaceful place which will bring you much more peace as soon as you shuffle off the edge. Just a few more centimetres forward.