Falling

You stood on the metal staircase, placing your hand on the dusty bannister, sending specks and fragments fluttering to the ground. You stepped up, step by step, looking up. It was strange. You couldn't see anything up there. Not even a gap or anything. It just looked like the staircase was covered up from the top too, the floorboards going completely over it.

You couldn't be sure until you got to the top so you continued climbing up. It wasn't that much of a climb and once you got up you knew for sure it wasn't the dark. The floorboard were actually covering up the top of the staircase, making you question why a staircase would be there at all if it would just be boarded up on both ends.

"That's a bit of a waste of space" you mumbled.

You looked up, seeing the blocked off path again. You sighed, thinking if you smashed the bottom entrance open why not the top of the staircase too. Although it was going to be more challenging this way it was the best idea you had. It was the only suspicious thing you'd found in the house after all.

You held on tightly onto the railings with one hand and moved your hand up to the floorboards above you. To your surprise it instantly perked up, like a door, letting an exit appear in front of you.

"Great!" You smiled, climbing up.

That was a challenge in itself. As you were smaller than the average human, reaching your hands up and practically pulling yourself up, with the state of your arms too, wasn't an easy task at all.

Once you'd pulled yourself through you lay on the ground, not even thinking about getting up, and just catching your breath. You smiled at your achievement of actually managing to get up.

Once you opened your eyes you saw that the room was completely boxed in. There was only one really small window letting a decent amount of light in. But there was no door leading to this room, meaning the way you just got in was the only way to get into this room. And the fact that it was all boarded up meant that somebody didn't want you to find this room.

"Well then, something important's in here" you said, looking around.

You saw a board covering almost all the wall next to you. You looked closely at it, trying to understand what this was. You didn't really understand it, which didn't come as a surprise to you. It was just a load of lines and dots in random places.

"Well, maybe the doctor knows what this means" you mumbled to yourself.

You searched through your pocket, taking out your phone. You stared at the board in front of you for a few more seconds before raising your phone. You took a picture of it, hoping that your flash was enough for your phone camera to be able to pick everything up. You lowered it, putting it back in your pocket before moving closer to the board.

You still couldn't understand any of it so decided to look around the room some more. There wasn't a lot more, just a desk with a few pens and pins and some post it notes. You walked over to it, intending to look at it more in detail.

But before you could even take a proper look at the desk properly, the weak floorboards beneath you broke through and you fell though the ground, crashing through the upper floor back to the ground floor.

You screamed as you fell and hit the ground beneath as it all happened so quickly. You felt a strong sharp pain in the left side of your stomach, along with the whole pain of you FALLING THROUGH THE ROOF, causing you to cry in pain. You took deep breaths, trying to calm yourself down and control the pain. You looked down and were surprised that you weren't bleeding or anything. The broken floorboards had made quite a hard contact with the left side of your rib cage though, definitely causing a graze and a huge bruise that you were sure was going to appear in a short amount of time.

"Well that's just bloody great!" You sarcastically commented, laughing at how unlucky you can be.

You winced and a low moan escaped the back of your throat as you sat up, instantly grabbing onto your rib cage.

It took you quite some effort to stand up, causing you to groan and clutch into your stomach some more.

"God my whole body is going to be bruised after that. How the hell did I not break anything" you said.

You knew nothing was broken. You knew exactly what felt like a broken bone and this didn't even feel like a sprain. Just a really bad clash with your whole bloody body.

"Damn" you winced as you tried to move down the corridor, knowing fifteen minutes had definitely been up and you needed to head back to the door.

You walked down the corridor, grabbing onto the walls, feeling increasingly dizzy. You stumbled a little, trying to remember the way back to the door. This house was stupidly big. You tried to focus yourself, standing up straighter and keeping ahold of the door, picking up the pace towards the buildings door.

"Doctor?! Guys!" You shouted out for them.

You kept moving down, hoping to find the others. You wondered how they didn't hear the huge bang of a whole roof coming down. You were making some progress though, you seemed to be finding your way though more and more familiar corridors. And soon enough you found yourself at the large door where you were supposed to meet up.

No one was there however. You sighed, sitting down on the floor and clutching your stomach.

"Well, I'm usually the one to be late but not today" you said, resting your head on the wall behind you.

You sat there for a few seconds in complete stillness, not allowing any pain to shoot through you. You closed your eyes for a few moments, breathing a few peaceful sighs of relief.

"(Y/n)!" You heard someone call for your name.

You opened your eyes a little, seeing Yaz coming towards you in worry.

"Jesus what the hell happened?!" She asked urgently.

You laughed a little, turning into a cough, causing you to clench onto your stomach some more and wince in pain.

"Well, you may have heard a Big Bang. Yeah, that was the roof I was standing on when it collapsed in on itself" you smiled.

"God! Okay, stay still, Doctor!!" She screamed out for her.

"Oh I'm cool, really. But there's this thing-" you were cut off by Yaz telling you to stay quiet and not move, screaming for the doctor again.

You simply sat there, waiting for the doctor to come and searched for your pocket, knowing you'd taken a picture for the doctor to see. You smiled, taking it out and hearing the doctor and the others come, hearing several footsteps coming your way.