Please

"Sorry..do you two know each other then?" Yaz asked, asking the question we were all wondering.

They both looked at her, the doctor nodding. Missy looked back to her friend, pulling away from the embrace.

"We grew up together" Missy told you.

Your furrowed your eyebrows together. How did she grow up with the doctor? Who was she?

"Guys, this is missy, she's another time lord, like me. From Gallifrey" the doctor explained.

"Time lady! Turns out we could both afford the upgrade in the end" missy smiled.

Your eyes grew wide with realisation and shock. She was another time lady! One of the doctor's people. You'd never seen another time lord before.

"Wait! You're a time lady! Like the doctor then?" You asked.

"Yes (y/n) like the doctor. And I'm assuming you're human? All of you? The doctor's always been very keen on humans" Missy said.

"Yup, that's us" Graham smiled.

"So...can Missy travel with us?" You asked, giving the doctor a smile, hoping she'd let her come.

However the doctors face fell slightly, her head bowing a little. You stood up straighter, your face straightening as you looked at her in confusion. Missy looked a little hurt that the doctor wasn't immediately saying yes.

"Well...its just that...you're...you've done some things..." the doctor sighed, finding it difficult to find the right words.

"Doctor I've changed I promise. The last time you saw me, I was going to stand by you. Stand with you. By your side for once. With my friend. But..I just...ran into a few complications with my past self. But doctor I've changed I promise. I'll be good. I am good. Please, let me come with you" Missy pleaded.

The doctor sighed, refusing to meet the other time lady's eyes.

"How do I know I can trust you? Believe that you've truest changed?" The doctor asked.

"Because my past self tried to kill me because I was going to stand by your side Doctor. And I tried to kill him. We literally stabbed each other's backs. That's how different we are now, that's how much I've changed....That's how much I need my friend back....please doctor.." Missy pleaded, trying to show her true self as she is now.

The doctor didn't respond, and you could see Missy's eyes regain their hurt and sadness. You couldn't let her keep hurting like this. The doctor wasn't even willing to give her a chance. No matter what she did in the past she deserved a second chance. She'd changed, the doctor should allow her to travel. But also you yourself didn't want to let her go. You wanted her to travel with you. You haven't had anyone this close to you in so long and there was no way you were letting that go.

So you reached forward, taking ahold of one of Missy's hands, intertwining your fingers and squeezing her hand, as if to tell Missy you would stand with her. You knew everyone was watching you and the doctor was shocked that you actually managed to hold someone's hand yourself. But you didn't go off topic, not about to answer the questions as to how and why you were able to touch someone which she was sure to query about.

"Doctor please. Whatever it is she's done in the past she's changed. I don't want her to go. Please let her travel with us" you pleaded, keeping ahold of Missy's hand.

"(Y/n) you...you don't understand.." the doctor stuttered, continuously glancing between you and your intertwined hands.

Yaz stepped forward, placing a hand on the doctor's shoulder and holding the doctor's hand with her other. The doctor finally looked away from you and to her girlfriend.

"Doctor we should at least give her a chance" she said softly.

The doctor sighed, looking back at you both. Missy was pleading and so were you.

"Please doctor" you pleaded, giving her almost begging eyes.

The doctor sighed heavily again, rolling her eyes a little, only to catch a glimpse of Yaz's pleading face too.

"Fine" she muttered.

Your face lit up and Missy squealed in joy.

"Thank you!" Missy smiled happily to the doctor before she turned to you and embraced you in an unexpected hug.

You tensed at first and the others all got worried that this was going too far with the contact for you. But you soon relaxed into the warmth, wrapping your arms around her and hugging her back, smiling.

"Thank you" she whispered in your ear "for convincing her"

You chuckled, squeezing her a little.

"I didn't do anything" you smiled.

She pulled back, smiling but her eyes furrowed slightly.

"You did loads you important one" she smiled, turning back to the doctor.

You couldn't help the heat rising up your cheeks at the compliment. God you were a complete mess!

"Shall we get back to the TARDIS then?" Ryan asked.

"Ooh, I haven't seen your TARDIS in a while." Missy smiled

"Well its just this way" the doctor said, walking past you both.

You made sure to keep well away, as not to brush past the doctor and make contact by accident. That horrific feeling of fear enveloping you near others again. You didn't know what was so different with Missy but you hated feeling like you couldn't get close to anyone else.

While you were walking you had your eyes fixed on Missy in front of you. Her hair was beautiful, long and messy but perfectly so. Ryan was walking beside you, and once he started to step closer your way you snapped out of your trance staring at Missy and quickly backed a few steps back.

"Bit Too close for comfort Ryan" you stated.

"You didn't complain when Missy hugged you" Yaz said from behind you.

"doesn't give the rest of you permission to touch me" you said "and...she's...different.."

"Ooh someone's got a crush" Ryan whispered.

Graham chuckled a little, and you felt Yaz's knowing eyes on you. Your head turned to face Ryan, your face a deep shade of red. You gave him eyes of daggers, causing him to put up his hands.

"I do not!" You whisper shouted.

"Okay, whatever you say" Ryan smirked, looking ahead again.

You narrowed your eyes at him for a few moments before turning your head back. Back to the wonderful, confusing, amazing woman. You couldn't do this though. Last time you got close you got hurt. You still get hurt. And the way the doctor talks about what she did in the past...she almost didn't let her travel. You couldn't keep letting people close. You knew too well what hurt felt like, in every form.

For now though, just to have her there, a reassuring presence, was enough.