Scars

"What's that then?" You asked.

She started jumping up and down, all around the room. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion but held back a laugh as you watched her.

"What are you doing?" You asked, sniggering slightly at her hopping around the room.

"This gravity is too real. It's not like the gravity you'd find on a ship. It should be all artificial and coppery smelling on the edges" then she stopped and looked at you "tiny bit sexy" she smirked at you.

You blushed immediately at that. What was she referring to as being sexy? The gravity? Or herself via she was bloody sexy to say the least. Or you? No, not you! It was probably about the gravity. If gravity can be sexy now?

"H..wha..erm..." you cleared your throat, trying to get your trail of thought back. "The..... gravity's sexy now is it?"

"Oh yeah. Artificial gravity's amazing. But this seems too real and I'm quite worried about that" she suddenly changed from her almost singing voice to a now seriously urgent one.

"Why's that worrying?" You asked quickly.

"Because last time something like this happened I ended up in Skaro!" She replied in a tone of disgust and worry.

You had no idea what Skaro was but you assumed it was a bad planet. You'd been on loads of dangerous planets but going by Missy's reaction you knew this was one of the worst ones. You run that through your head. So you were already on a planet. You wondered why you were still on the ship then.

"Why are we still on the ship then? The robots were created by humans to help them get to the next planet so why aren't they letting them go?" You asked.

"I'm not sure but I'm sure someone else does. I guess we'll have to wait for dinner to ask more people." Missy said.

"What now then? Because we're not allowed to leave unless it's for out meals. And the doctor wants us to stay put which is boring" you said.

Missy smiled, nodding.

"Yeah it's boring. But we'll just have to wait it out" She told you.

You sighed in disappointment but nodded anyways. You sat down on the bed, resting your chin on your hand. Missy kept jumping about, checking the gravity.

-

The door opened and Missy got up from the floor which she'd been sitting on, doing god knows what for the past few hours. A robot stood by the door and you first thought that it was going to take you for lunch but you weren't really hungry yet. And the robot just handed Missy two baskets of fruit.

You walked over curiously to the door with Missy, the poking at the baskets.

"What's this for?" You asked.

"Eating your five fruits a day is important for your survival" it simply replied.

"Psshhh, who eats fruit five times a day? I'll have five bottles of vodka though, got any of that?" You asked.

It didn't respond and you sighed, nodding your head.

"Okay, okay. Yeah you're right. I need to have a variety right. So how about a bottle of vodka. A bottle of champagne. A bottle of white wine. A bottle of whiskey. Ohh and a beer. That's five different drinks a day" you smiled.

It just stared at you before swiftly closing the door and locking it. You frowned, crossing your arms as you looked at the door.

"So...is that a definite no with the alcohol?" You shouted at the door.

Once you got no reply, you sighed, turning back around.

"Shame. I'm really craving a drink right now" you whispered, walking back over to the bed and flipping down.

Missy walked over to you, handing you a basket. You took it, frowning at the fruit. No one actually ate fruit five times a day. Well you certainly didn't. But then again that was probably just your unhealthy ass.

"So...drinks?" Missy broke the silence.

"Oh do you have some?!" You asked hope filled.

She stared at you, shaking her head. You sighed, looking at the basket.

"If you're asking whether I'm an alcoholic or not the answer's no. I mean the doctor thinks I am but I'm not. I can stop whenever I want to. I just don't want to that's the thing. And the doctor never lets me drink. Like ever. She gets angry if I do. She's always angry with me. Ha, that's just my ass though isn't it! Who the fuck wouldn't constantly find something wrong with me! Cuz I always do! Piece of shit!" You ranted a little, shouting at the empty space in front of you.

"(Y/n), calm down" Missy said, sitting next to you.

"I meant what I said Missy I fucking hate myself sometimes! Just take a look at this mistake!" You spat, refusing to look at Missy.

"I am looking. And I see more than what you do" she said softly, making you shake your head.

She sighed, wrapping an arm arm around you. You leant your head against her, your lips tugging down into a wobbling frown.

"Y..you don't see anything Missy." You said, shaking your head.

"I see a wonderful, beautiful human. Who has nothing to hate" She said.

"You won't think I'm a beautiful person if you see my battered body. Do you have any idea how many of these I've picked up..." you chocked on your words as you rolled up your sleeves.

She looked at your scars, reaching one arm (the one not wrapped around you) to hold your shaking arms softly.

"I did that Missy. And...I deserve all of them. You've only seen my arms...imagine what my body's like. From all the fucking arseholes in my life who gave me them and I added to the collection. I...I just...can't do this anymore.. I just want..want it to stop. I drown my sorrows in alcohol and I can't stop myself. I can't touch anyone and I haven't let anyone hug me in years apart from you! I can't cry a single tear it's physically impossible for me at this stage! I..I just want to find that bloody knife the doctor took from me. So...I c..can finally end..t..this dreadful life of mine. Or find a bloody high building to jump from. These fucking scars...I did tha..that.. and who..who the hell thinks this is b..beautiful.." you said between sharp gasps.

She squeezed you closer to her, bringing your arms up, intertwining your hands. She kissed your knuckles.

"You're still beautiful (y/n). It'll get better in time" she said, resting her head on top of yours.

"I'm still waiting for that part to get going" you whispered, squeezing your eyes shut.

"Me too" Missy whispered in a tone just as sad and quiet. "But I'll be there."

"Thank you" you whispered, letting your emotions calm down "and...I'll be there for you too"