Invisible

You followed the doctor through the forest. You stayed especially close, knowing that you promised to stick close from now on and not wander off. Also, if you did get lost in these forests, there would be no way in hell you'd know where you were or how to find your way back. You'd get completely lost which you were certainly trying to avoid.

You kept walking, you purposefully walking under the arches of the roots. You made sure you didn't trip on a lot of the roots that jutted out of the ground. But you instead tried to walk on them all like stepping stones, playing a version of the floor is lava in your head.

You got a few looks from everyone and you huffed, crossing your arms.

"What? We're gonna be walking for ages and I'm not good with doing nothing. I'm a child at heart and imma stay that way" you smiled, jumping onto another root and balancing on one leg.

"Weren't you the one that kept saying that you'd grown up?" Ryan said, giving you a raised brow.

You huffed, crossing your arms again.

"But..the floor's lava!" You emphasised, hoping that they'd get involved with the game.

The doctor however seemed to have taken it literally and quickly jumped onto one of the roots and grabbing her sonic out of her coat.

"The floor's lava!" She shouted in shock and urgency. "Everyone, don't touch it!"

You were all startled from the sudden movement. She scanned the ground, actually checking to see if it was lava. You laughed a little, jumping onto another root.

"Yeah, that's how you play. Don't touch the ground because you have to pretend it's lava. You're really good at this game doctor" you smiled, hopping onto the different roots.

The doctor looked at you in shock.

"Wait...play? Pretend?..Game?!" She questioned, looking back at the ground and then to her sonic.

"Yeah, it's a game. Everyone knows how to play" Yaz told her.

"I thought the ground actually did turn to lava! Don't scare me like that (y/n)!" She breathed a sigh of relief, getting down from the root.

You all laughed, not believing that she thought the ground really did turn to lava. But knowing the places the doctor had been, she'd probably been through that once and actually had to not walk on lava.

She straightened herself up before continuing to walk. You smiled, continuing to hop on different roots and deliberately going under the arches.

You eventually stopped through, feeling that you were getting closer to the place where the animals were being taken to. And you needed to be more serious about it.

You were all walking behind the doctor when she suddenly disappeared in front of you all. You all stopped dead in your tracks, shocked that she just vanished into thin air.

"Doctor?" You called uncertainly.

You got no reply and started to panic a little.

"Doctor! Babe answer me!" Yaz shouted urgently.

You stepped forward, staring at where the doctor was once standing. Yaz looked really distressed but you kept walking forward where the doctor was. You were standing pretty much where the doctor was standing. That was until you took another step forward.

The first thing that hit you was how dark the place was. You took a few more steps forward, feeling that the ground was no longer natureous and was much more metallic and man made. Once your eyes adjusted a little to the dark you realised that you were in some huge warehouse. And in front of you was a very familiar lilac coated blond.

"Doctor?" You called, stepping towards her.

She turned around a little, bit not fully, still keeping her eyes in front of her.

"Where are we?" You asked.

"With the other animals" she replied.

You followed her eyes and saw in front of you several cages with different animals inside them. It was a horrible sight. They were cramped into cells and looked as though they had chains painfully on them. Their voices were weak and painful as they cried from inside their cages.

"We need to get these guys out of here" the doctor said.

"Where is here?" You asked.

"Still on the moon" the doctor replied. "just somewhere else on the moon"

You shook your head, looking back. There weren't any doors or anything and you had no idea how you got there.

"No. Hold up. You just...disappeared in front of us. You were walking then you were gone. I guess I've just done the same too from the other's perspectives" you told the doctor.

"There's an invisible portal behind us leading us from the forest to right here" she explained very quickly and simply.

"You might want to tell Yaz that. She was a little distressed when you just vanished" you said.

This picked up on the doctor's attention, her eyes snapping towards you. She then looked back behind you both and walked over to it. She stepped through, disappearing. You felt uncomfortable there on your own so you followed straight after and stepped through the portal. You were back at the forest.

"We're fine, we're fine. Now come on guys. We need to go though. There's an invisible portal just here." The doctor said very quickly, peeling away from Yaz's embrace. "All the animals are through here" she said.

The doctor moved back towards your direction and stepped through. You looked at everyone, giving them a small smile before turning around and gesturing them to follow.

You were all in the warehouse now and you could properly look at the different animals. There were so many captured and locked up. You had no idea why they were even taken in the first place.

You were all just standing still, standing in a sad silence. No animal, no life should be treated like this.

"What do we do?" Yaz asked.

"We set them free. Get them out of these cages and lead them back through that portal. Back home." The doctor said, staring at the vast number of cages.